where is who is hiring?
#1 of 4
[ original post ]
Engage is seeking a Web Developer to join our award winning creative team. The Web Developer will collaborate with Engage’s client strategists, designers, and developers to plan and build digital tools, campaigns, web and mobile applications, and websites for our clients. If you’re interested in teaming up with government agencies and House of Representatives committees, Fortune 500 companies, leading advocacy organizations, and the nation’s top trade associations to deliver winning solutions in a fun, fast-paced environment—we want to talk.
This is a full-time position and you must be able to work on-site in Alexandria, VA (metro Washington, DC). You'll probably need at least two years of experience in a web development role to meet the qualifications below, but we're not opposed to hiring a prodigy.
Ideal Candidates would meet many of the following qualifications:
-Strong PHP/MySQL background
-Familiarity with Wordpress theming and plugin development strongly prefered
-Familiarity with PHP frameworks like Laravel or Symphony preferred
- Understanding of relational databases such as MySQL
- Be comfortable with server administration (though by no means at expert level)
- A love of creative problem solving
- Comfortable working on tight deadlines and in a team environment
- In general, a nice person to be around who enjoys tackling challenges and learning new skills
- Comfortable with version control—Git preferred
- Ability to pass House of Representatives background check
Engage is a full-service digital agency based in Alexandria, VA. Our mission is to impact the world around us through bold strategy and innovative technology. We offer very competitive compensation packages because we want to work with the best. Our team is focused and hard-working, but we also want you to have fun and get home for dinner. Work/life balance is important to us, and we believe happy employees make happy clients.
#2 of 4
Kensho is applying machine learning and quantitative algorithms to timeseries, graph and unstructured data to make computer driven answers faster, more accessible, intuitive and beautiful.
+ Software Engineers -- Front end, backend, infrastructure, APIs, apps, frameworks, performance, security, data wrangling. Machine learning skills a strong plus.
+ Machine Learning Engineers and Scientists -- You understand the math, the tools, and the implications of various algorithms and approaches. Software engineering skills a strong plus.
Who We Interview:
You stand out due to your work at a top technology company, research, and/or open source contributions.
Our Interview Process:
* We hope you'll share a project, paper or resume with us that highlights where you shine, with a short note so we can appreciate you as a person. Please say hi at email@example.com or https://www.kensho.com/#/careers
* As a small team, we'll reach back out to a few individuals to chat with a team member via phone, video or, if you are local, in person--to show and discuss your work, projects and code
* We may ask you to do a programming or data science challenge (<= 4 hours)
* We'll invite you to our Harvard Sq. headquarters to meet more of the team, where we hope you'll interview us too
* We'll discover we are peanut butter and jelly together, and wish we'd met sooner
* Having made you a non-exploding offer, we think you'll want to sign it
* You'll join us and have a lot of fun, get to play with fascinating data, algorithms and technology alongside delightful, hungry and creative people
* Something about being on a mission to change the world (hey, we're a start up)
#3 of 4
Medical Science & Computing (MSC) is hiring DevOps at the National Center for Biotechnology Information (https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov)
Tech: Linux, Python, Django, Scala/Finagle, C/C++, SaltStack, consul, packer, linkerd, TeamCity, docker/mesos/kubernetes/nomad, aws/gce
Small, fast-moving team, smart people, great culture, great opportunities, lots of potential.
Help bring progress to an amazingly important public resource!
#4 of 4
We're a small team of engineers, designers, and product builders that were brought in to help fix Healthcare.gov in the winter of 2013. Our revamped application is used by millions, converts 35% better, and halves the completion time.
It turns out there’s a lot more to reimagine within government services, which is why we’re partnering with both the Department of Veterans Affairs and Medicare. With the VA, we are working to modernize their appeals system, making millions of veteran’s lives better through the process. Today, the average appeal takes 5 years to process; we can fix this. For Medicare, we are designing and building the architecture for Medicare's historic transition towards value-based care.
It’s surprising how much can be done by a small group of empathetic people with a Silicon Valley mindset, deep technical experience, working closely with dedicated civil servants in government. We’ve started Nava as a public benefit corporation to radically improve how our government serves its people, and we believe that the services our government provides should be clear and reliable. If you feel the same way, we'd love to hear from you at firstname.lastname@example.org
Learn more about working here: http://navahq.com/careers
Job descriptions: http://jobs.lever.co/nava
Our blog: https://blog.navapbc.com/