where is who is hiring?
#1 of 9
[ original post ]
Make School was founded in 2012 to empower students to build and ship products that impact their communities.
We’re looking for iOS developers to teach at our Summer Academy, an eight week program where students of all ages build and ship their own iOS app, game, or VR experience. You'll teach Swift fundamentals plus product design, prototyping, user testing, analytics, and more. This is a contract position in 2017 from mid-June to mid-August. Locations include San Francisco, Oakland, Silicon Valley, San Jose, Los Angeles, Seattle, Chicago, Dallas, Boston, Washington D.C., Atlanta, New York City, Beijing, Hong Kong, and Tokyo.
Apply here and mention Hacker News: https://www.makeschool.com/jobs
We've met some great people through HN and would love to meet more!
#2 of 9
Square's Atlanta office is hiring for multiple positions. We have several full-stack engineering teams in the office building features for our Point of Sale system as well as backend services that power our payments platform.
What we do:
Design, develop and manage microservices that provide identity management used throughout the Square ecosystem. Develop and support routing and gateway support between Square’s products and payment processors in the US and abroad. Provide inventory and item management services for Square’s Point of Sale and API products.
Why it's cool:
Our system is critical: without it, some Square products couldn't exist. Our Atlanta office has a history of working on mission critical projects. Infrastructure used throughout Square was designed and developed here. We’re continuing to increase our footprint here.
Our work environment includes lots of Silicon Valley style perks, plus all the advantages of working in a smaller office where everyone knows each other.
Who we're looking for:
Engineers familiar with Java, Go, or Ruby or another high level language. Web developers who are comfortable dabbling working on large web applications. Ember experience a plus. We are hiring both recent college grads and those with industry experience.
Tech we use: Java, Go, Ruby, Objective-C, Ember.
If this matches your background and interests, we'd love to talk to you -- email email@example.com.
#3 of 9
Seeking Sr. Software Engineer, full stack with deep experience building web applications using Ruby on Rails and modern front-end frameworks like EmberJS, AngularJS, etc.
* Solid Ruby and Ruby on Rails
* Experience with legacy code, refactoring
* 12 Factor App
* Message Queues
* API Design & testing (contracts)
* RSpec, TDD
* Docker (desired)
#4 of 9
Developers with the Cotiviti Labs team are responsible for working with a global team of medical doctors and business experts to create break-through solutions for incredibly difficult problems. In 2015 we found $3.2B in health system inefficiencies. We use a combination of innovative and proven technologies game-changing solutions
We use a combination of innovative and proven technologies game-changing solutions into production as quickly as possible. Our solutions are scalable, elastic, concurrent, parallel, and deliver results to our clients in real-time. We are a Scala functional programming shop but are willing to use the best technologies to get into production quickly. Our DevOps team members have created a sophisticated ChatOps infrastructure that supports everything from deployments, to releases, to provisioning new clients. Our continuous integration and build facilities are world class.
The Labs team has a flat organizational structure so people on this team have no direct managers, are responsible for their own work assignments, and will receive and give quarterly 360 reviews from their peers. We have no deadlines, only a requirement to move as fast as humanly possible and make every minute count. To thrive in this environment team member must have a passion for computer science, technology, innovation, and delivery.
We value teamwork above everything. We succeed together as a team and are accountable to each other for that success. Though we are scattered across the world we regularly get together to have fun. If you are looking for such a tribe apply now.
#5 of 9
Ultimate Software is hiring for a large number of full time development positions, including:
- Cloud Architect
- Software Engineers (Java, C#, Golang, Python),
- Software Test Engineers, and more.
You can also email resumes to techcareers AT ultimatesoftware.com
#6 of 9
Pindrop is the pioneer in voice fraud prevention and authentication. We provide enterprise solutions to reduce fraud losses and authentication expense for some of the largest call centers in the world. Pindrop’s patented Phoneprinting™ technology can identify, locate and authenticate phone devices uniquely just from the call audio thereby detecting fraudulent calls as well as verifying legitimate callers.
We are venture backed by Andreessen Horowitz, Google Capital, IVP, Citi Ventures, Felicis Ventures, & GV.
You can do more research and apply here: https://www.pindrop.com/careers-open-positions/?gh_jid=55044...
#7 of 9
We are a small, but growing healthcare IT company based in Atlanta, Georgia. We’re looking for developers who are passionate about making fast, scalable, and well-designed web interfaces for the healthcare industry. You will be utilizing the latest web technologies to solve challenging problems, create innovative web applications from the ground up and understand exactly what it takes to create an outrageously good user experience while driving down the costs of health care. As a member of the team, you'll be designing and developing new user interfaces as well as supporting our existing systems. As an early hire, you'll have the chance to build new products and shape the culture of our company as we grow.
* We're looking for experienced developers with strong skills in Java and a familiarity or willingness to learn and work with the Play Framework and Angular.
* We are also looking for business intelligence developers who have deep familiarity with Microsoft data warehouse and data visualization products (SQL Server, Power BI, SSIS, Azure).
Interested? Send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
#8 of 9
* Deep Learning Engineer - http://arrayfire.theresumator.com/apply/glNpcr/Deep-Learning...
* Computer Vision Engineer - http://arrayfire.theresumator.com/apply/SOnzat/Computer-Visi...
* CUDA / OpenCL Engineer - http://arrayfire.theresumator.com/apply/nutSdR/CUDA-Or-OpenC...
ArrayFire is a leader of accelerated technical computing. We maintain the ArrayFire open source library as well as deliver services to clients around the world in the areas of deep learning, computer vision, and accelerated computing.
We started as a Georgia Tech company and are now located in the startup hub next to the Atlanta Tech Village.
We look forward to talking to you!
#9 of 9
Join us in building a real-life SimCity.
Today, cities use pen and paper to make planning decisions that affect millions of people's lives. We think there's a better way. We've built a web-based platform that helps city planners make much smarter decisions.
Grown out of a side project at Code for America, we're now working with 150+ cities including Atlanta, Sydney, Boston, Miami, San Francisco, Reykjavik, and Seattle. All in just two years. Learn more about our product at http://remix.com.
We’re looking for engineers across our stack to write robust code that drives the world’s first transit planning platform. We use:
- Mapping: OpenStreetMap, Mapbox, Mapzen, Leaflet, TWKB, GTFS, PostGIS, ogr2ogr
- Back-end: Ruby, Rails, Python, Flask, PuLP, COIN-OR Branch and Cut solver (CBC), Cython, Sidekiq, PostgreSQL, Redis
- Front-end: React, Webpack (with Hot Module Replacement), ES6/Babel, LESS, CSS Modules, Yarn
- Testing: CircleCI, RSpec, Approvals, WebMock, puffing-billy, Capybara, Jasmine, Happo, Browserstack, Overcommit, Codecov (>75% coverage front+back-end)
You’ll work on (for example):
- The scheduling algorithm that turns a Remix map into work sheets for bus drivers (https://blog.remix.com/an-intro-to-integer-programming-for-e...)
- Visualisations for use in public meetings, such as the “Jane” (Jacobs) isochrones tool (https://blog.remix.com/remixs-isochrone-visualizes-travel-ti...)
- Our geo-database of open data (transit and census) and privacy-sensitive data
- Live-updating costing models and simulations
- Our demographics tool that helps transit agencies serve their communities equitably (per the Civil Rights Act of 1964)
Go to http://remix.com/jobs to apply and to see all our openings (design, data, sales, customer success, etc). We are committed to a workplace that reflects the community we serve. We especially encourage women, people of color, and others who are underrepresented in the tech industry to apply.