where is who is hiring?
#1 of 3
[ original post ]
Udemy is an online learning marketplace, our mission is to improve lives through learning.
We have engineering offices in San Francisco, Ankara and Dublin. This role is based in Dublin, home of our SRE team. The team was founded just over a year ago and today is made up of half a dozen super nice and talented people.
If monitoring, automation, and web stacks are your thing fire a mail my way email@example.com
#2 of 3
* Strong proficiency in C++ with thorough knowledge of the standard library
* Familiarity and experience with templating in C++
• Experience in the design and implementation of highly performant, scalable, distributed and resilient systems
It's a small team, an interesting product and nice people.
#3 of 3
(From our careers page)
We need super smart engineers from all levels to help us build one of the best engineered e-commerce platform in the world (big talk we know, but that is our goal!). Our engineers combine creativity, curiosity, and drive to continuously perfect and revolutionize Jet from the inside out. We are looking to bring more intellectually curious engineers who are passionate about technology in general (Jet is a technology first company and prides itself on its culture of learning and knowledge sharing and we want all our engineers to be as passionate as we are!)
Our platform is largely an event driven platform implemented via a microservice architecture. The platform runs on Microsoft Azure and uses a large number of technologies and middle ware. The bulk of backend code is written in a functional style (F#) and our system of record is an event sourced system (essentially a log of all actions on the platform). We use a mix of Kafka, Redis, Elastic Search, Azure SQL, Event Store and Azure Storage for our data stores. About 50% of the platform runs on Linux and the rest Windows (although we move into more containerization we will see a shift towards Linux).
I've been working at Jet for about a year, and I can honestly say this is the best job I've ever had. It personally checks off every single box I could have a for a dream job:
- Incredible growth. We were the fastest startup to hit a billion dollar valuation, and we just got bought by Walmart for 3.3 billion. With the Fortune 1 at our backs there are some really amazing opportunities and projects that are just getting started.
- Functional programming in F#. Never been more productive coding. And in general we have a very modern tech stack that is a pleasure to work with.
- Tech talks and workshops all the time. I'm learning more than I ever have.
- Extremely competent management. It feels like they really care about employees' happiness here, we've got experienced people at the helm, and it is amazing to see what a company can look like when you have a fantastic management team bringing their A-game. Really, it's incredible to have to try hard to find something to complain about.
- All the trappings of modern startup life. Free gym membership, lots of free food, etc.
We're hiring people of all different types of experience for all different types of roles. More information about specific roles can be found here: https://jet.com/careers . You can apply on the individual role pages.
If you have any questions (commuting from NYC, about Hoboken, what's going on in the company, anything really), feel free to ask here or send a message to "nat" at the domain that I work on.