where is who is hiring?
#1 of 2
[ original post ]
Seneca Systems provides cloud-based software that empowers city managers and government workers to provide outstanding service to citizens and communities. Romulus, our flagship product, helps local government workers to manage casework and be the system-of-record for city data.
Cities and local governments across the country—like San Jose, Sacramento, Boston, Chicago, Houston, and Miami—depend on Romulus to make government run effectively.
Stack: Ember => Ruby/Rails and Elixir/Phoenix => Postgres
#2 of 2
Join us in building a real-life SimCity.
Today, cities use pen and paper to make planning decisions that affect millions of people's lives. We think there's a better way. We've built a web-based platform that helps city planners make much smarter decisions.
Grown out of a side project at Code for America, we're now working with 150+ cities including Atlanta, Sydney, Boston, Miami, San Francisco, Reykjavik, and Seattle. All in just two years. Learn more about our product at http://remix.com.
We’re looking for engineers across our stack to write robust code that drives the world’s first transit planning platform. We use:
- Mapping: OpenStreetMap, Mapbox, Mapzen, Leaflet, TWKB, GTFS, PostGIS, ogr2ogr
- Back-end: Ruby, Rails, Python, Flask, PuLP, COIN-OR Branch and Cut solver (CBC), Cython, Sidekiq, PostgreSQL, Redis
- Front-end: React, Webpack (with Hot Module Replacement), ES6/Babel, LESS, CSS Modules, Yarn
- Testing: CircleCI, RSpec, Approvals, WebMock, puffing-billy, Capybara, Jasmine, Happo, Browserstack, Overcommit, Codecov (>75% coverage front+back-end)
You’ll work on (for example):
- The scheduling algorithm that turns a Remix map into work sheets for bus drivers (https://blog.remix.com/an-intro-to-integer-programming-for-e...)
- Visualisations for use in public meetings, such as the “Jane” (Jacobs) isochrones tool (https://blog.remix.com/remixs-isochrone-visualizes-travel-ti...)
- Our geo-database of open data (transit and census) and privacy-sensitive data
- Live-updating costing models and simulations
- Our demographics tool that helps transit agencies serve their communities equitably (per the Civil Rights Act of 1964)
Go to http://remix.com/jobs to apply and to see all our openings (design, data, sales, customer success, etc). We are committed to a workplace that reflects the community we serve. We especially encourage women, people of color, and others who are underrepresented in the tech industry to apply.