where is who is hiring?
#1 of 9
[ original post ]
ViaSat is on a mission to be the world’s first global ISP. From Denali to Uluru, JetBlue 190 to Air Force One, and everywhere in between, our technology delivers Internet access no matter where life’s journeys take you. We’re shaping the future of global connectivity, and we want your help!
My team builds the viasat.io Platform, a suite of foundational network and security services that every group at ViaSat uses to build and protect their products. We also serve as advisors for other engineering teams, helping them make better use of cloud technologies and practices.
On any given day, you may be walking colleagues through the finer points of VPC design, or presenting a workshop on developing against viasat.io’s APIs. You might be adding DNSSEC support to our DNS service, automating TLS certificate validation across the entire network, or deploying our services to a new continent. Our challenges and our products are always evolving, which leaves little chance you'll ever get bored.
We are looking for engineers who are proficient with multiple languages, and are familiar with existing IaaS and PaaS products like AWS, OpenStack, or Marathon. We also need our team members to be good communicators and people-friendly, as our daily work involves interfacing with many people all around the company. An engineering degree or equivalent experience is necessary.
You'd get bonus points for having a strong security background, in-depth knowledge of networking, or previous work experience building globally-distributed applications.
This position is location-agnostic; you can work from any of our offices, or from home, as long as you reside within the United States.
#2 of 9
Spiceworks helps millions of IT pros do their jobs with free tools and connect through our online community. Come help us transform IT. We are looking for the following:
- Senior Application Security Engineer
- DevOps Automation and Tools Engineer
- Senior Data Engineer
- Product Manager
- UX / Product Designer
We have an awesome culture with full benefits, an onsite gym, free drinks & snacks (with breakfast tacos on Monday and bagels on Friday), a weekly development lunch-n-learn and more. We're also ranked as one of the best places to work by Fortune (http://fortune.com/best-medium-workplaces-in-technology/), Glassdoor (http://www.glassdoor.com/Best-Small-and-Medium-Companies-to-...) and have been ranked at a top work place by the Austin American-Statesman six years running (http://www.topworkplaces.com/frontend.php/regional-list/comp...).
Find out more about Spiceworks and see the current openings at http://www.spiceworks.com/jobs
#3 of 9
We are a growing, all-remote firm focusing on medical imaging software. Our tight-knit team includes developers and engineers who are passionate about solving interesting and challenging problems in the space.
We are currently seeking a creative software developer to work on medical imaging projects for our clients using Python and web technologies.
Please refer to our job posting for more information and application instructions: http://innolitics.com/join/developer-feburary-2017/
#4 of 9
thoughtbot | Designer | Boston, New York City, Raleigh | https://thoughtbot.com/jobs
thoughtbot | Design Director | London | https://thoughtbot.com/jobs
Developers should have excellent knowledge of Ruby on Rails, , SQL, Unix, and Test-Driven Development. We also have active projects in Go, Elixir Phoenix, React, and React Native. Experience or interest in these technologies is a plus.
Very well-qualified candidates will also have experience with consulting. We work a sustainable pace of 40 hours/week, consulting for clients four days/week. On Fridays, we have investment time when we learn new tools and techniques, work on open source, write blog posts, and make ourselves, each other, and the community better.
#5 of 9
Luna Moons (lunamoons.com) is a travel technology startup founded and headquartered in Austin, Texas. We believe that technology can be a transformative force connecting people in new ways and empowering everyone with tools that have otherwise been inaccessible or required speciality knowledge. Our application combines our understanding of the way people plan their vacations and simplifies the technical complexity typically required to manage and book a detailed itinerary.
We’re making our first hires. We’re looking for a mid-level, front-end developer with a fullstack mindset to work on our core technology – a collaborative travel itinerary builder. We use a wide range of technology in the web application. The primary stack for this position will be React, Less, Node, and Socket.io – though you will be exposed to many other technologies. As an early employee you will have a huge impact on the product.
Required Soft Skills:
Self-directed and hard worker; Strong written and verbal communication; Interested in learning new things; Strong in programming fundamentals
Required Programming Skills:
Nice to Haves:
Knowledge of a back-end technology (Python, PHP, etc); Degree in computer science or related field; Passion for travel
Our interview process includes an initial phone screen followed by an in-person interview with the two co-founders. Interested applicants please email email@example.com and include “Hacker News Front-end Developer” in the subject line.
#6 of 9
You will engage with developer community events, meet-ups, and user groups. You will understand their technical challenges and guide those looking to create smart connected products through one-to-one engagements and the creation of web content.
As part of ARM’s IoT segment team you will be an advocate for emerging technologies and applications, contributing to ARM product roadmap and marketing strategies, and collaborating with ARM partners and the wider ecosystem.
#7 of 9
At FanThreeSixty we strive to build software which allows sports teams and venues to better engage with fans to keep them connected to their teams by providing more personalized and fluid experiences whether at game time or in the off-season. Headquartered in Kansas City, MO, we are hiring in both KC as well in Austin, TX for multiple development positions to help expand our data science and data intelligence capabilities for real time intelligence, recommendations and predictions. Interest in machine learning, analytics, data, and system design is a must as you will be heavily involved in each area of the system. You will also work directly with data scientists on the team to scale models for production and provide an efficient available platform for analysis and insight.
* 3-5 years of Java or Python experience required. We leverage both Python and Java, but Python is the primary language of the data intelligence team, however as long as you have a good Java background and are not afraid to learn than Python experience is not required.
* Prior experience in one or more of Spark, Kafka, Cassandra, Hadoop, machine learning application preferred, but not required
* Ability to learn quickly and work independently desired as there is a remote component to this position as we are a distributed team. No fully remote positions available though. All applicants must be able to work in either the KC or Austin office.
* Our interview process is fairly direct and painless with an hour phone interview and then a half day on-site before making a final decision.
* In addition to medical, dental and vision insurance, we also offer a competitive PTO package, matching 401k and reimbursement of attending 2 sporting events each year, for market research.
This specific position is not yet posted on our site, but you can see more specifics about what working at FanThreeSixty is like on our site http://www.fanthreesixty.com/careers/ or contact me directly with any questions or to send your resume.
#8 of 9
I'm the founder of cloudkite.io. We help companies build best-breed, fully automated infrastructure.
I'm looking to hire great infrastructure engineers (devops/SRE) to work on client projects as well as build internal tools that will be used by all of our clients (roughly 50/50 split). Tech we use and support: python, golang, node, docker, kubernetes, mesos, and jenkins.
#9 of 9
Cloudflare is building a better Internet. Our long term goal is to give every site the same performance, security, and reliability that major sites like Google and Facebook accomplish, without any specialized network hardware or complicated administration. We enhance millions of sites, including this one.
We believe in working collaboratively with an emphasis on personal growth and responsibility. Working at Cloudflare lets you wear many hats, spearhead new projects, and shape your career. Product market fit is established, but there's a lot of great engineering, product, sales, and support work to be done. We're starting 2017 at 330 people, with plans to double that in the next year.
We're always hiring for operations/SRE, sales, general systems engineering (mostly in Go, nginx, and network, as well as DNS at scale), and web development. Here's some specific roles we're keen to hire:
0) Engineering Manager, Platform Operations -- We're looking for an Engineering Manager to lead our PlatOps team. Our engineering management team is very strong and we are looking for someone who join and help keep all of our backend services alive and healthy.
1) Data Engineering(s) -- We have a ton of different technologies that our data engineers work with, and they are a really strong core team here. Kafka, PostgreSQL, Docker, Mesos, Marathon, Chronos, nginx, and so many more technologies.
2) Product Security Engineer -- We have a lot of applications and need more talented software engineers who love to break and fix. We need hands on engineers who are not afraid to dive in and drive fixes to completion, and evangelize security.
3) Systems Engineer (Austin) -- We are hiring systems engineers at all of our offices, but our Austin office is growing very quickly. Our Austin office is working on some really new and innovative projects. Web and distributed systems built with Go, Node, Docker, and much more. Check out our blog to see what's planned for 2017 (https://blog.cloudflare.com/)
If you're interested, please apply through the https://www.cloudflare.com/join-our-team link, our recruiting team looks at every single application from every applicant.