where is who is hiring?
#1 of 13
[ original post ]
Tiz is a technology platform connecting restaurants, distributors, and suppliers in the beverage alcohol industry. We are a well funded, hungry team changing a huge industry that is ripe for innovation. We are looking for a well-rounded developer to help us bring modern technology to an archaic market.
Our core app is built on Ruby on Rails and Angular, so strong skills and experience with Rails is a must. We also need someone with versatile chops who can help us integrate with various backends that often times take some creative thinking to connect and maintain. Our goal is to deliver a delightful user experience, so having some design / ux sensibilities is important.
We are looking for someone to work full-time. We’re a distributed team, but bonus points if you’re located in Chicago and can work in our River North office space.
4+ years experience with Rails
Pragmatic critical thinking in order to deliver practical solutions
Ability to communicate effectively in our remote environment
Top performer while being a humble team player
Send resumes to info (at) tiz.com
#2 of 13
• Why: To fulfill the vision we set for our product, Relativity: to simplify and accelerate how the world conducts e-discovery by bringing the entire process and community together in one open, flexible, connected platform.
• Vision: Our mission is to help our customers organize data, discover the truth, and act on it. Building great e-discovery software for managing massive volumes of electronic evidence during litigation or investigations.
• Stack (Reston, VA): Java, Scala, JVM, Linux, REST, GIT, Akka, Jenkins, Bamboo
• Stack (Chicago & Krakow, PL): C#, ASP.NET, MVC, SQL Server, Azure, REST, Chef, Powershell
• Core Values: Be humble and stay hungry, Be an excellent communicator, Exceed the expectations of your customers and your colleagues, Hold yourself and your colleagues accountable, Enjoy and be great at your job, Embrace the talents of your colleagues and our customers, Do more with less ==Team==
• Founder and owner: Andrew Sieja, CEO
• Advisor: ICONIQ Capital
Phone call [30 min] >> Code Challenge (2 hour, at home, fun coding exercise) >> Interview in office to meet the team (3 ½ hours) >> Decision communicated to you within 24 hours
#3 of 13
You will help deliver a quality application to thousands of users, working on a small Android team allowing you to take ownership of the code base and provide weigh in on user experience and design discussions. We encourage cross-functional collaboration. You'll work alongside a Mobile Product Designer, other Engineers and a Product Manager as well as receive guidance from a working Manager.
Sprout Social is used by more than 17,000 brands around the world. Companies like Marvel, Adobe and Pivotal Labs rely on Sprout to create stronger relationships with their customers through social media
We are looking for someone that has contributed to several apps in the Play Store, preferably at a SaaS company. A strong foundational understanding and use of Java is ideal.
Please apply via the above link and mention Hacker News!
#4 of 13
Table XI is a curious and humble group of people who love to build things. Learning is the key to our culture, and we’re always looking for new skills to pick up and ways to hone our craft. We bring that same curiosity to our clients, digging into their needs so we can make sure our design and development projects look great, work great and push their businesses forward.
We’re looking for a designer who can tease out user needs, design, and develop prototypes to solve them. Here’s what we expect from you:
* Be an empathetic designer. Everything you touch should be clean, precise, artfully crafted and visually stunning
* See the forest and the trees. Being a great product designer is about being equally concerned with strategic direction and micro-interactions users experience
* Be an experienced consultant, with a proven track record of building lasting relationships with your clients
* Talk to users, conducting user research and usability tests are just a few of the tools you’ll use to help clients make informed product decisions
* Implement your designs in HTML/CSS (Sass)
* Work collaboratively on a cross-functional team of developers, designers and business analysts
* Be a design facilitator: create engaging environments and lead groups of stakeholders through design-thinking exercises (bonus points for experience with Google Design Sprints)
If you're interested, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or apply here: http://tablexi.applytojob.com/apply
#5 of 13
Build open-source software to help people learn! We make tools for schools and businesses that delight our users and make their lives easier, while helping them learn faster.
You can check out http://code.instructure.com to see our primary product, Canvas, and some of our open source tooling and libraries.
We're hiring Senior Software Engineers, Software Engineers in Test (SET), and a security architect.
Our primary stack is Rails & React, but we also work with JVM/Go/Node, and we're not afraid to try new (or old) things. We have an engineering-driven culture with quarterly hack weeks, internal tech conferences, millions of users who love us (search twitter or instagram for #instructurecon ;) and use our products daily, and challenging engineering problems that come with being one of AWS's biggest users. Oh, and the benefits are amazing too!
I'm an engineer at Instructure, and genuinely love the culture and people here. I would highly recommend it!
Join us by applying at https://jobs.lever.co/instructure?lever-via=NiHimSaI8r
Feel free to reach out to me at neil(at)instructure(dot)com with any questions. Keep in mind I am not a recruiter. I can answer questions about culture or work, but you should submit your application through the URL above.
#6 of 13
Curbside’s investors include Sutter Hill Ventures, Index Ventures, Jerry Yang’s AME Cloud Ventures, Qualcomm Ventures, Eric Schmidt’s Innovation Endeavors, O’Reilly AlphaTech Ventures, Gil Elbaz & David Waxman’s TenOneTen and Chicago Ventures.
Problem space: mobile commerce, big data, search, machine learning, reverse engineering, distributed systems, location services, user experience.
https://curbside.com/jobs • Palo Alto, Ca. • Relocation Available • Sorry at this time we cannot sponsor NEW H-1B’s, but we can transfer existing visa’s and sponsor new E3’s, TN’s, and O-1’s.
#7 of 13
The position will require that you have experience with NodeJS, RESTful API, MongoDB or similar database. At least 8 years of development experience. Unit testing with Mocha/Chai or similar. Understanding of good software engineering patterns and practices, OOP vs functional, etc. Experience using Git for source control is required.
- MEAN stack, HTML, CSS, SASS experience is preferred.
- Experience with ES6.
- Agile development experience and continuous integration/delivery practices desired.
- DevOps tools experience (Docker, Chef, Puppet, Vagrant) is desired.
Please no 3rd party recruiters or agencies
This is on site in Portland, Or. Local candidates or persons willing to relocate to Portland only (no relocation compensation included).
May be required to travel
Apply here: https://jobs.siliconflorist.com/jobs/1234815-lead-engineer-a...
#8 of 13
LogicGate is building technology to help businesses automate and track disorganized processes. Our office is in the TechStars space within 1871, along with some of our friends from the 2016 cohort. We work with Java 8, Spring Boot, Gradle, MySQL, Neo4j, and more! We are currently experimenting with Kotlin, Docker, and other cutting edge technologies.
Apply here: https://logicgate.workable.com/jobs/431006
#9 of 13
Senior Engineer - Platform - https://spothero.com/careers/570628 SpotHero is seeking a Senior Engineer for our Platform Team. You will be responsible for building all things related to our Platform Services and Infrastructure that power our website, our API, and our native apps.
To apply, please email your resume to email@example.com. Include any github account, linkedin profile, and any project that you’re particularly proud of. We love seeing work that others loved working on.
#10 of 13
We're currently hiring for the below roles (US only):
Senior Engineering Manager: boards.greenhouse.io/trunkclub/jobs/155114
Senior Software Engineer: boards.greenhouse.io/trunkclub/jobs/44918
Senior DevOps Engineer: boards.greenhouse.io/trunkclub/jobs/497712
Software Development Engineer in Test: boards.greenhouse.io/trunkclub/jobs/88244
Senior Data Scientist: boards.greenhouse.io/trunkclub/jobs/582519
Director of Data Science: boards.greenhouse.io/trunkclub/jobs/111879
Network Security Engineer: boards.greenhouse.io/trunkclub/jobs/482266
Systems Engineer II: boards.greenhouse.io/trunkclub/jobs/598427
Please check out our website to learn more: https://www.trunkclub.com/careers.
#11 of 13
We’re looking for a designer to bring strategic and creative vision to solving user needs. Here’s what we expect from you:
* Be an empathetic designer.
* Everything you touch should be clean, precise, artfully crafted and visually stunning
* See the forest and the trees. Designing great products is about being equally concerned with strategic direction and micro-interactions of the user experience
* Talk to users: usability testing is just one of the tools you’ll use to help clients make informed product decisions
Work collaboratively on a cross-functional team of developers, designers, and business analysts
* Be a design facilitator: create engaging environments and lead groups of stakeholders through design-thinking exercises (bonus points for experience with Google Design Sprints but not required)
#12 of 13
Our company, Tovala (YC W16), has built a smart oven and companion meal delivery service. We're growing our team as we prepare to ship our first product and looking for our first dedicated Android engineer. If you like food, startups, Android and live (or are willing to move) to Chicago, give us a shout.
#13 of 13
We are actively hiring talented engineers to grow our trading operations across the world. Entry-level, junior, and experienced. For intern/entry-level software roles, prior experience in Java or C++ helpful but not strictly necessary. Also actively hiring entry-level, intermediate, and senior FPGA engineers. Prior financial industry knowledge helpful but by no means required.
We are building, optimizing, and scaling high-frequency trading systems. It's fun and challenging. We have a very open and collaborative culture and you will find yourself working closely with traders, quants, network and system engineers, and other devs. We release code nightly and generally have a quick iteration loop: your 'clients' are frequently the coworkers sitting next to you, so you can work closely together to get to a solution. You'll learn a lot, and hopefully we'll learn a lot from you :)
I lead our dev onboarding team where we focus on getting you the knowledge and insight to be effective at IMC. Despite kicking up our growth rate, we regard a highly interactive and in-depth training and mentoring process to be critical to our growth. A typical day finds me reviewing a lot of code and discussing design and implementation with the rest of the team, as well as fostering the onboardees' relationships with the rest of the organization.
INTERNSHIPS: We’ve found the best and most educational internship experiences come from working on production code. Our interns spend the summer working with our full-time software developers on their projects. Learn a ton from real code reviews and find out how building software together in a continuous-delivery environment is different from typical one-off homework assignments.
IMC is a leading derivatives market-marker with offices across the world and was founded in Amsterdam in 1989. https://www.imc.com
Apply for internships and entry-level (“graduate”) positions at https://www.imc.com/us/careers/graduates/.
Apply for all roles at https://www.imc.com/us/careers/.
Interview process: online technical assessments, phone and onsite interviews.
If you have specific questions for me, my email is in the profile (put HNJOB in the subject line).