where is who is hiring?
#1 of 5
[ original post ]
Karius has taken the future genomic sequencing revolution (NGS) out of the lab to transform infectious disease testing. Traditional testing approaches rely on an array of hypothesis-driven specific tests. Karius is like the Star Trek medical tricorder for infectious disease. We directly sequence the pathogen DNA to determine what a patient is infected with. There is a lot of excitement about this technology, you can see our CEO give an overview of our technology at a panel discussion at a recent conference here: https://vimeo.com/203982777#t=30m47s
I am a software engineer without a biotech background. I really appreciate working with a team with diverse backgrounds and having the opportunity to learn many new things and work towards solving difficult problems. Its nice that Karius is still a startup where you can make significant contributions and broaden your understanding of different areas.
There is a great vibe at Karius: people are happy to come to be at work, there is a lot of maturity, and everyone seems to bring their own special talents into the mix. We have company retreats twice a year and we care about making it possible for everyone to experience joy at work.
We are greatly expanding our engineering team this year.
• Bioinformatics Pipeline: Bioinformatics experience not required if you are an eager learner. Experience or desire to work with a strongly-typed language. We are moving from Python (with MyPy) to Rust.
• Front-End: TypeScript, React, CSS, a desire to work iteratively with those outside of engineering
• Dev-Ops: Bring a desire to lead devops and bring excellence there while branching out into infrastructure and automation
• Infrastructure: Build the infrastructure that powers our analytical pipeline and our data discovery.
• Backend Web Services: Help build us a new LIMS (labratory management information system). We use REST APIs documented with swagger.
• Data discovery: build the platform that you can use to bring out insights from our data
We are also hiring for our analytics team to do bioinformatics analysis.
jobs at kariusdx.com
#2 of 5
1) SendGrid | Senior Software Engineer - Platform | Redwood City, CA | https://sendgrid.com/careers/job/?id=248552
#3 of 5
About us: http://altvr.com
Open positions: http://jobs.altvr.com
Our team: http://altvr.com/team
WHO WE ARE:
- AltspaceVR is a virtual reality software company building a platform for communication in VR.
- Backed by some of the best investors on the planet (https://altvr.com/about/)
- With a team that is passionate about the future of VR.
WHAT WE BELIEVE:
- VR will be for everyone.
- The social connection enabled by VR will change your life (and we can show it to you.)
- We should embrace everything that is great about the 2D web.
- That we can and will invent the 3D web.
For more info: http://altvr.com For open positions: http://jobs.altvr.com
#4 of 5
Seneca Systems' mission is to empower local government employees to provide outstanding service to their citizens. Our first product, Romulus (romuluscrm.com), is the system of record for cities—just the first step in building the operating system to run cities.
We're building a passionate, brilliant, and diverse team who are aligned around our mission and care about building a company the right way. We have strong values (http://seneca.systems/values) and are genuinely solving problems that matter.
Checkout http://seneca.systems/careers or send me an email firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more.
#5 of 5
Make a difference with technology: specifically, by fixing healthcare. We're building a real-time data network that allows getting health data from anywhere to anywhere in close to realtime. We roll up this data in a clean RESTful API that developers use to build apps that make peoples' lives better.
We have a whole pile of hard problems, and a team of smart, passionate people that love working on them. We like to work iteratively in small teams, and to give people autonomy and ownership to solve those problems.
Some of the things you'd be working on:
- Mapping, modelling and indexing the world's healthcare data
- Scaling and optimizing our APIs
- Modelling human health
- Scaling our ingestion pipeline
- Data engineering and building tools for data science
- NLP and Classification
- Extracting healthcare data from a wide variety of unstructured, unclean formats
- Building intuitive UIs to allow users to find and share their health data
- Full Stack Engineer (node.js, MongoDB, ElasticSearch, RabbitMQ)
- Frontend Engineer (node.js, React, Redis, ElasticSearch)
- Machine Learning Engineer (node.js, Python, Kafka, Cassandra)
- DevOps Engineer (Ansible, Packer, Terraform, Docker, Mesos)
The process: a quick phone screen, a screen-share technical interview, then an onsite to meet with the team and pair with someone on a problem.
We'd love to hear from you even if you don't "fit" one of the job specs -- we hire for people, not roles. Contact us at email@example.com -- we're nice!