where is who is hiring?
#1 of 4
[ original post ]
Come be a part of democratizing technology learning!
Hiring for lots of teams:
In Boston, San Diego, and Orlando as well
Here's one example:
Catch me on twitter with questions: @jaketrent
It's a special place to work:
- Software Craftsmanship - we want to be proud of our work
- Test-Driven Development - we take responsibility for our code without QA engineers
- Pair programming - we value collaborative development
- Continuous Delivery - teams independently ship code to prod every day
- Kanban & Lean - no more backlog grooming, no more T-shirt size estimating
- Continual improvement - we take time to sharpen the saw and adjust how we work
- Autonomous & responsible teams - making their own product & dev choices
- Cross-functional teams - collaborating through all phases of the product dev process
- Customer research - we build what our customers actually want
- Trusting leaders - who trust us to create and don’t impose deadlines or features
- Solid technology - of the team’s choice, for the right job
#2 of 4
Modsy is a fast growing, SF-based startup that allows you to see inspirational designs and decor within the context of your own home. Using a combination of 3D art and computer vision, we allow you to "try on" furniture in your own home before you buy it. Our product is brought to life by a diverse and talented team of engineers, artists, designers and creators.
We're first movers in a fast-growing space that will become the future of home design. Check out modsy.com/portfolio and see if you can tell which of our images on our site are real vs. renderings (hint: they are all renderings).
We do a phone/in-person interview with the Head of Engineering (me), followed by a coding exercise, and then one day in office to meet the team.
Drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org if you're interested to learn more!
#3 of 4
Build open-source software to help people learn! We make tools for schools and businesses that delight our users and make their lives easier, while helping them learn faster.
You can check out http://code.instructure.com to see our primary product, Canvas, and some of our open source tooling and libraries.
We're hiring Senior Software Engineers, Software Engineers in Test (SET), and a security architect.
Our primary stack is Rails & React, but we also work with JVM/Go/Node, and we're not afraid to try new (or old) things. We have an engineering-driven culture with quarterly hack weeks, internal tech conferences, millions of users who love us (search twitter or instagram for #instructurecon ;) and use our products daily, and challenging engineering problems that come with being one of AWS's biggest users. Oh, and the benefits are amazing too!
I'm an engineer at Instructure, and genuinely love the culture and people here. I would highly recommend it!
Join us by applying at https://jobs.lever.co/instructure?lever-via=NiHimSaI8r
Feel free to reach out to me at neil(at)instructure(dot)com with any questions. Keep in mind I am not a recruiter. I can answer questions about culture or work, but you should submit your application through the URL above.
#4 of 4
Recursion is a startup with about 50 people, generating rich biological data at a pace comparable to the biggest institutions anywhere doing biology and disease research. We have literally millions of images from experiments we conducted in our lab, and we generate terabytes more each week. We’ve gotten more than $2M in multiple grants from the NIH, and last fall closed a $15M series A led by Lux Capital. We’re using imaging experiments to turn human cell experiments into massive amounts of rich biological data so we can find treatments using ML and data science for many diseases as fast as possible.
* Software engineering: Full-stack Software Engineer - Front-end Software Engineer - Machine Learning Engineer
* Data science: Data Analyst - Data Scientist - Applied Mathematician - ML Researcher - Computational Biologist
* Technical HR Specialist/Manager - Technical Team Development Operation (New--if these posts aren't up yet, feel free to apply via Data Scientist and call out your interest in these positions)
http://www.recursionpharma.com/careers for more details and to apply.
Logistics: Salt Lake City, Utah. Hiking/running/biking is literally out our back door, and it's half an hour to 5 ski resorts. Competitive pay, health insurance, relocation assistance (onsite is required), equity, a top-caliber team, and help make a massively positive impact. Happy to sponsor/extend visas, but you need to already be authorized to work in the US--we can’t handle the lottery at this stage.
Our team so far: http://www.recursionpharma.com/team