where is who is hiring?
#1 of 2
[ original post ]
Second Measure analyzes credit card data. We process billions of purchases to help investors (VCs and hedge funds) answer questions like:
- How quickly is Shake Shack growing?
- Is Lyft gaining or losing market share in Boston?
- How does Hilton spending change after a customer's first Airbnb stay?
- (Check out our research blog )
We’re a 13-person team comprising mostly engineers and data scientists. 10 of us are technical, and 4 have PhDs. We love solving hard problems with compelling data. We’re looking for other strong builders, especially those who can grow into leadership roles:
- Data Scientist / Research Scientist (stats; Python/R/Spark helpful; quantitative PhD preferred)
- Senior Software Engineer (frontend/backend/full-stack; AWS; Python; Mesos/Spark/Lambda; D3+ReactJS)
- Product Designer / UI/UX Designer ("full-stack", from research to prototype to mockup to engineer-ready spec)
- (See: https://boards.greenhouse.io/secondmeasure)
I'm a founder (mike@). Submit via job board and mention HN, or email jobs@ and CC me.
#2 of 2
I've built half a dozen startups, including Writely (aka Google Docs), and I can honestly say that Scalyr is my favorite so far. We're building an amazing team, users rave about our product, and things are taking off – we're closing seven-figure contracts and revenue grew 5x last year. And we're doing it on a sane, 40-hour, daily-team-hike, Fridays-at-home schedule. We're pre-series-A, but in many ways playing like a series B company, so this is a chance to get the best of both worlds -- early-stage equity and impact, with later-stage compensation and stability; plus a very strong team for peering or mentorship.
Backend Engineer: We've built a NoSQL data engine from scratch that searches text at 750 GB/second. How'd you like to help us scale and optimize to multiple TB/second?
Frontend Engineer: "The fastest blog in the world" (https://jacquesmattheij.com/the-fastest-blog-in-the-world) loads in under 100 ms. Help us push our data visualization tools toward that goal.
Devops Engineer: We run hundreds of servers, process 750 GB/second, maintain 99.99% uptime, and almost never get paged (http://blog.scalyr.com/2014/08/99-99-uptime-9-5-schedule/). But we're still not satisfied. How'd you like to take our operations to the next level as we go through our next 10x of growth?
Customer Success Engineer: our customers are engineers. We're looking for someone with lightweight ops experience and good communication skills to help them get the most out of Scalyr. A great opportunity to join the team and work your way up the engineering ladder.