where is who is hiring?
#1 of 9
[ original post ]
Solutions Engineers at Facebook spend roughly half their time working with product engineering teams and writing production code. The other half of their time is spent working directly with partners to develop and execute their Facebook technology strategy.
We find that this setup is great for engineers that want to spend more time on the business side of things or have more people interaction while still being hands on with code.
This allows large advertisers to work directly with people at Facebook that have a knowledge of the ads codebase, and Solutions Engineers can implement great suggestions made by partners.
More about the role is available at https://www.facebook.com/careers/life/solutions-engineering-... .
Facebook | Solutions Engineering Manager | Menlo Park, NYC, Berlin | Onsite
We also have some great opportunities for engineering managers that would like to support a team in Menlo Park, NYC, or Berlin. You would support a distributed team, so some travel would be required.
If you have any questions, feel free to send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org .
You can find the job listings at https://www.facebook.com/careers/teams/engineering/ , under “Solutions Engineering”.
#2 of 9
Cloudflare is building a better Internet. Our long term goal is to give every site the same performance, security, and reliability that major sites like Google and Facebook accomplish, without any specialized network hardware or complicated administration. We enhance millions of sites, including this one.
We believe in working collaboratively with an emphasis on personal growth and responsibility. Working at Cloudflare lets you wear many hats, spearhead new projects, and shape your career. Product market fit is established, but there's a lot of great engineering, product, sales, and support work to be done. We're starting 2017 at 330 people, with plans to double that in the next year.
We're always hiring for operations/SRE, sales, general systems engineering (mostly in Go, nginx, and network, as well as DNS at scale), and web development. Here's some specific roles we're keen to hire:
0) Engineering Manager -- We're looking for an Engineering Manager to lead our PlatOps team, and also generally looking for more managers. Our engineering management team is very strong and we are looking for experienced individuals to join.
1) Data Engineering(s) -- We have a ton of different technologies that our data engineers work with, and they are a really strong core team here. Kafka, PostgreSQL, Docker, Mesos, Marathon, Chronos, nginx, and so many more technologies.
2) Product Security Engineer -- We have a lot of applications and need more talented software engineers who love to break and fix. We need hands on engineers who are not afraid to dive in and drive fixes to completion, and evangelize security.
3) Systems Engineer (Austin/SF/London) -- We are hiring systems engineers at all of our offices. Our Austin office is growing particularly fast. Web and distributed systems built with Go, Node, Docker, and much more. Check out our blog to see what's planned for 2017 (https://blog.cloudflare.com/)
If you're interested, please apply through the https://www.cloudflare.com/join-our-team link, our recruiting team looks at every single application from every applicant.
#3 of 9
Lawgix Inc. is a hybrid entity (tech + law firm) looking to change the way the world thinks about legal services. We're building technology to deliver better legal services to clients while enabling attorneys to work smarter.
We're looking to bring on a software developer to join our small engineering team. You'll be engineer #4. Some of the technologies we're using: Ruby on Rails, React.js, Git, Heroku.
Some more information on the job is here: http://www.lawgixlaw.com/career/software-developer
How to apply: please send your resume / information to email@example.com
#4 of 9
The Voyant dev team is looking for Java developers to improve and extend our calculation engine into new international markets.
* Learn the tax code and financial product regulations of our international markets. * Build reusable, extendable, efficient financial calculation models. * Continuously improve code maintainability and calculation engine performance. * Support service API development for calc engine integration.
* Experience with object oriented languages and design patterns. * 3+ years of development experience a must. Java experience preferred. * Basic understanding of financial products and their taxation principles. * Quant or software development experience within the financial service industry desired.* Desire to learn detailed nuances of worldwide financial products and taxation regimes. * Ability to interface directly with outside non-programmer subject matter experts. * Must like dogs.
Interview process is usually 1 phone screen and onsite interview with code review and or whiteboard coding.
Full Description: https://www.planwithvoyant.com/content/en_US/aboutus/javadev...
#5 of 9
Abilitie is an energetic 10-person company located at the Capital Factory in the heart of downtown Austin. We've built a profitable business creating multi-player business strategy games for corporate training. Our award-winning simulations are used in 20 countries and by many Fortune 2000 companies.
We’re looking for a Full-Stack Software Engineer to join the team building both the new recruiting platform as well as aid in supporting our simulation-based learning apps. In this role, you will be responsible for growing and supporting architecture, implementation, testing, and deployment of our web and mobile application.
We offer a competitive salary, health insurance, parking, a stipend to purchase your development machine, and opportunities for domestic and international travel (not required), along with many other perks that come with working at the Capital Factory in Austin!
Apply here: http://www.abilitie.com/full-stack-software-engineer
#6 of 9
We are an eCommerce marketplace for live events (sports, concerts, theater). If you get sh*t done, value empowerment and love working on a close-knit dev team, we want you!
What we offer: 100% Medical/Dental/Vision/Life + 401k with 3% company contribution + Profit Share Added to 401k + Ticket Credit + Quarterly Bonus Incentives + More!
Local Candidates Highly Preferred: https://www.ticketcity.com/careers-at-ticketcity.html
Feel free to email me (Caitlin) at firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more about the roles, the Dev team or life at as a TicketCitizen!
#7 of 9
SailPoint is the fastest-growing, independent identity and access management (IAM) provider, SailPoint helps hundreds of global organizations securely and effectively deliver and manage user access from any device to data and applications residing in the data center, on mobile devices, and in the cloud.
We are currently building out a brand new SaaS Analytics / Big Data product, and we need more UI engineers to help us build it out. This is a unique opportunity to build something from scratch but have the backing of an organization that has the muscle to take it to market quickly, with a very satisfied customer base.
Our Product Stack: AWS, ElasticSearch, DynamoDB, Java, Groovy, Scala, Flink, TypeScript, Angular (4), RxJS, NgRx, D3
More info on working @ SailPoint: https://www.sailpoint.com/company/careers/
UI Engineer Job Post: https://sailpoint.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/SailPoint/job/...
You can apply from the Job Post linked above. You can email me email@example.com for any further inquiries. Thanks!
#8 of 9
Join our team to head up our algorithmic trading division. You will work alongside our traders to develop strategies using quantitative and algorithmic techniques. You will be building this position from the ground up, including designing and building the research framework, backtesting environment, and researching alpha signals. You should have:
-A hands-on approach to problem solving, with a preference for quick and dirty models to perfect models.
-In-depth knowledge of a variety of machine learning methods, especially: linear regression, spline methods, tree methods, ensemble methods, generalized linear models. Nice to have: NLP, stacked generalization/blending, echo state networks/LSTM/other deep learning.
-Data wrangling skills, such as proficiency in: grep, sed/awk, regex, vim, perl. Nice to have: scraping/parsing experience such as BeautifulSoup, mechanize, knowledge of XML.
-Knowledge of at least one scripting language such as python or lua.
-Strong knowledge of practical probability & statistics. While knowing about stochastic processes and Black-Scholes is great, knowing linear regression really well is more suitable for this role.
-Demonstrated ability to communicate complex ideas in a clear, concise fashion.
-Bonus points if you have distinguished performance on problem-solving competitions such as Kaggle, Innocentive, math Olympiads, the Putnam exam, poker tournaments or other quantitative contests.
Great DT Austin location
snacks and games
All the vacation time you need
to apply: send a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
#9 of 9
At FanThreeSixty we strive to build software which allows sports teams and venues to better engage with fans to keep them connected to their teams by providing more personalized and fluid experiences whether at game time or in the off-season. Headquartered in Kansas City, MO, we are hiring in both KC as well in Austin, TX for multiple development positions to help expand our data science and data intelligence capabilities for real-time intelligence, recommendations, and predictions. Interest in machine learning, analytics, data, and system design is a must as you will be heavily involved in each area of the system. You will also work directly with data scientists on the team to scale models for production and provide an efficient available platform for analysis and insight.
* 3-5 years of Java or Python experience required. We leverage both Python and Java, but Python is the primary language of the data intelligence team, however as long as you have a good Java background and are not afraid to learn than Python experience is not required.
* Prior experience in one or more of Spark, Kafka, Cassandra, Hadoop, machine learning application preferred, but not required
* Ability to learn quickly and work independently desired as there is a remote component to this position as we are a distributed team. No fully remote positions available though. All applicants must be able to work in either the KC or Austin office.
* Our interview process is fairly direct and painless with an hour phone interview and then a half day on-site before making a final decision.
* In addition to medical, dental and vision insurance, we also offer a competitive PTO package, matching 401k and reimbursement of attending 2 sporting events each year, for market research.
You can also find more details about the specific position on our posting https://fanthreesixty.workable.com/jobs/429228 or find more details about working at FanThreeSixty on our site http://www.fanthreesixty.com/careers/.
Please contact me directly with any questions or to send your resume(my email address is in my HN profile).
I apologize on last month's Who's Hiring I wasn't aware there were comments posted to my comment so I didn't reply before it was locked. I will be sure to keep an eye on this post, but please email me directly to be sure.