where is who is hiring?
#1 of 13
[ original post ]
Join us in building a real-life SimCity.
Today, cities use pen and paper to make planning decisions that affect millions of people's lives. We think there's a better way. We've built a web-based platform that helps city planners make much smarter decisions.
Originally started at Code for America, we're now working with 200+ cities including Atlanta, Sydney, Boston, Miami, San Francisco, Reykjavik, and Seattle. All in just two years. Learn more about our product at http://remix.com.
We’re looking for engineers across our stack to write robust code that drives the world’s first transit planning platform. We use:
- Mapping: OpenStreetMap, Mapbox, Mapzen, Leaflet, TWKB, GTFS, PostGIS, ogr2ogr
- Back-end: Ruby, Rails, Python, Flask, PuLP, COIN-OR Branch and Cut solver (CBC), Cython, Sidekiq, PostgreSQL, Redis
- Front-end: React, Webpack (with Hot Module Replacement), ES6/Babel, LESS, CSS Modules, Yarn
- Testing: CircleCI, RSpec, Approvals, WebMock, puffing-billy, Capybara, Jasmine, Happo, Browserstack, Overcommit, Codecov (>75% coverage front+back-end)
You’ll work on (for example):
- The scheduling algorithm that turns a Remix map into work sheets for bus drivers
- Visualisations for use in public meetings, such as the “Jane” (Jacobs) isochrones tool (https://blog.remix.com/remixs-isochrone-visualizes-travel-ti...)
- Our geo-database of open data (transit and census)
- Live-updating costing models and simulations
- Our demographics tool that helps transit agencies serve their communities equitably (per the Civil Rights Act of 1964)
Go to http://remix.com/jobs to apply and to see all our openings (design, data, sales, customer success, etc). We are committed to a workplace that reflects the community we serve. We especially encourage women, people of color, and others who are underrepresented in the tech industry to apply.
#2 of 13
iRobot is hiring software engineers like they're going out of style. Which they're not. Quite the opposite, really.
If you want to work with a bunch of friendly humans and robots, you should consider iRobot.
We've got a great culture, benefits, and products.
Most positions are for our Bedford, MA headquarters, which is just outside of Boston, MA.
We're looking for people to do embedded (aka firmware for buzzword compliance), cloud, mobile/iOS, test, and hardcore robotics as well. Those aren't the same person, mind you. We're also looking for electrical engineers and mechanical engineers.
We use mostly C and C++, with some Python along the way as well.
You do NOT need any robotics experience - I had none when I joined!
Check out our careers site and email me if anything looks interesting:
Please email me at csvec, the at sign, then the company domain.
#3 of 13
We're looking to hire multiple developers across different levels.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
#4 of 13
Sound interesting? Learn more here: http://grnh.se/0xodvm1
We are a passionate team of engineers, designers, and problem-solvers who make 3D printing tools for professionals. Started out of MIT in 2011, Formlabs is committed to bringing innovative and sophisticated fabrication tools into the creative hands of designers, engineers, and artists around the world. We just raised $35 Million in our series B.
As mechanical engineers at a 3D printing company we create tools we use ourselves. We’re excited to build devices that not only create beautiful parts but also reflect careful user experience design. Our team prototypes, builds and manufactures the mechanisms and systems that make our printers function with precision and reliability.
* Can share a strong portfolio of previous work
* Enjoy the gritty details of part design, material selection and manufacturing techniques
* Use Solidworks to design components, produce drawings, and build assemblies
* Can communicate seamlessly with vendors and suppliers across the globe
* Have experience with the full product development cycle
* Communicate seamlessly with vendors and suppliers across the globe
* 4+ years industry experience
Sound interesting? Learn more here: http://grnh.se/0xodvm1
#5 of 13
We're an online video platform (OVP) headquartered near Boston's South Station (with offices around the world), and power video for many of the world's largest media companies. We work on fun, difficult problems using the latest tech within a casual work environment. We offer a fully stocked kitchen, ping pong/arcade machines, frequent catering, unlimited vacation policy that employees actually use, generous work/life balance, 401k matching, etc. etc.
* Senior Node.js Developer (http://grnh.se/3lmrk01)
* Senior Web Developer (http://grnh.se/u7yklt1)
* Principal Systems Engineer (http://grnh.se/ks0upf1)
* Senior Sales Engineer (http://grnh.se/7nwjug1)
* Senior Software Engineer, CMS (http://grnh.se/ceplf81)
* Senior Software Engineer, Zencoder (http://grnh.se/u1nd2g1)
* QA Engineer Co-op (http://grnh.se/fvk0hj1)
* Software Development Co-op (http://grnh.se/6ogtdv1)
* Principal Software Engineer (http://grnh.se/hts20n1)
* Principal Golang Engineer (http://grnh.se/nr4oac1)
#6 of 13
= What we do =
This is one of the few massive industries ($4T) left that are left to be digitized and completely optimized with technolgy.
We have some funding, customers, interesting strategic partners, and are growing fairly quickly.
Come solve hard problems with us.
= Looking for =
If you'd like to learn more, please shoot us an email at email@example.com (it'll either go to Marc or Konstantin)
#7 of 13
We're currently looking for several mid/senior engineering positions (android, iOS, frontend, backend, infra/platform, sre) across our engineering team. More descriptions can be found on our jobs page (below). If you're in the area I'd love to just grab coffee regardless of whether or not you're actively looking to move -- I love talking to other passionate, driven people about what they do.
Our stack is native Android (Java) and iOS (Objective-C), our API is served in a Ruby on Rails monolith and Scala services, on top of MySQL, Cassandra, ElasticSearch and Spark. Our frontend is mostly Backbone + React, although some more complex state we are moving to Redux.
Jobs: https://www.wellframe.com/jobs Also feel free to reach out to me at firstname.lastname@example.org!
#8 of 13
Second Measure analyzes credit card data. We process billions of purchases to help investors (VCs and hedge funds) answer questions like:
- How quickly is Shake Shack growing?
- Is Lyft gaining or losing market share in Boston?
- How does Hilton spending change after a customer's first Airbnb stay?
- (Check out our research blog )
We’re a 13-person team comprising mostly engineers and data scientists. 10 of us are technical, and 4 have PhDs. We love solving hard problems with compelling data.
We’re looking for other strong builders, especially those who can grow into leadership roles:
- Data Scientist (quantitative PhD preferred)
- Data Journalist
- Research Analyst
- Software Engineer (frontend/backend/full-stack/data; mid-to-senior+)
- Product Designer (UX-centric)
- (See our job board )
We’re in downtown San Mateo, just minutes from Caltrain and 101.
I'm a founder (mike@). Submit via job board and mention HN, or email jobs@ and CC me.
#9 of 13
2016 Innovation of the Year EdTech Winner
2017-2021 Leading vendor for AI market in education - Technavio
2016 An example of a futuristic AI technology transforming Education today - Consortium of School Networking
1. AI and NLP Research Engineers (Senior: PhD, Junior: Masters)
- natural language processing
- statistical machine learning
- syntactic and semantic analysis
- information extraction
- iOS/Android development
- Front End web/app design
- Experience with Ruby on Rails a plus
#10 of 13
Do you want to help realize the next industrial revolution?
Tulip is transforming manufacturing processes by bringing the latest technological advances from the lab to the shop floor. We have multiple Fortune 500 customers and are already enabling production lines building the things you interact with everyday.
Whereas most factories are still using state of the art technology from the mid 19th century, we come from the future to bring them a rich, realtime web app, modern tablets, IoT systems, in-depth analytics, and more. Our products are already (measurably!) helping our customers, so we're rapidly expanding our number of customers and size of deployments.
We’re looking for people to join our core team who are excited about working across our software stack: web development with Meteor+React+Redux, IoT/embedded software, computer vision, data engineering, technical operations / DevOps, web-based UI design, and anything else we need to make the best product possible. Apply at https://tulip.co/careers or email us at email@example.com.
#11 of 13
Cloudhealth enables company's to take control over their cloud usage! We're the leader in programmatic cost management and a provider of resource monitoring to help identify areas where our customers can improve their infrastructure.
We're looking to hire developers of any experience level that are dedicated to taking on complex challenges in a fun, upbeat environment.
Please look at our job postings here: https://www.cloudhealthtech.com/company/careers
Feel free to send additional questions to me here!
#12 of 13
MORSE develops algorithms and software for operational systems, implementing leading edge technologies for robotics, autonomous air and undersea vehicles, and coordination of human teams.
We are hiring for a number of positions including:
DevOps IT specialist -- Take the lead on designing and implementing our in-house infrastructure as well as supporting the continuous integration and deployment for the projects we deliver to customers.
Senior Full Stack Web Developer -- Focus on designing and developing web-based software to support various autonomous systems and human teams. You will both lead a team and directly develop software.
Software Project Manager – Lead teams of engineers to develop embedded software for autonomous vehicle systems and their supporting tools. Teams are generally 5-10 people in size and last from 6 months to multiple years.
If any of these sound interesting, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your resume. Note that we can only hire US citizens.
Visit us at http://morse-corp.com/jobs to learn more and to see our other available positions.
#13 of 13
We're creating an innovative environment where we can use and experiment with the greatest new technologies (Scala, Kotlin, Go, React, Terraform and Ansible are under consideration or in use currently) and apply best practices in the areas of test driven development, continuous integration and continuous improvement.
If that sounds like the type of environment you'd like to work in we'd love to hear from you. You can email me directly with a resume and any other information at matthew dot fowler at broadridge dot com. I am the director of software development for the innovation lab.
Interview process consists of a phone screen, a take-home coding test and an onsite interview.
- 5+ years experience as a software engineer
- A strong desire for clean, simple and maintainable code
- A strong desire for continuous learning and improvement
- Experience with unit testing or test driven development
- Experience with Java or a modern JVM language
- Experience building REST APIs with one or more web frameworks such as Spring or DropWizard
- Working knowledge of database design
- Working knowledge of multi-tenant Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) software architecture
- Working knowledge of Agile development processes (Scrum, Kanban)
- Working knowledge of one cloud provider such as AWS, Google App Engine, Azure or Linode
- Working knowledge of Git and Git flow
- Experience with an alternate JVM language such as Scala or Kotlin
- Experience leading a team of developers
- Experience with functional programming
- Experience with graph based data engines (Neo4J or Spark GraphX)
- Experience with data science or machine learning algorithms
- Experience with Natural Language Processing (NLP) and Language Understanding techniques
- Experience with building batch and real-time analytics, decision support and business intelligence analysis and reporting enterprise software
- Experience with "front end" frameworks such as React or Angular