where is who is hiring?
#1 of 14
[ original post ]
You will help deliver a quality application to thousands of users, working on a small iOS team allowing you to take ownership of the code base and provide weigh in on user experience and design discussions. You will also manage fellow iOS Engineers with specific responsibility to support the growth of their careers. This is very much a working manager opportunity.
At Sprout we encourage cross-functional collaboration. The Mobile 'squad' consists of a dedicated Mobile Product Designer, dedicated QA Analysts, other Mobile Engineers and a Mobile Product Manager.
Sprout Social is used by more than 17,000 brands around the world. Companies like Marvel, Adobe and Pivotal Labs rely on Sprout to create stronger relationships with their customers through social media
We are looking for someone that has contributed to several apps in the Apple Store, preferably at a SaaS company.
Please apply via the above link and mention Hacker News!
#2 of 14
We're currently hiring for the below roles (US only):
Senior Engineering Manager: boards.greenhouse.io/trunkclub/jobs/155114
Senior Software Engineer: boards.greenhouse.io/trunkclub/jobs/44918
Senior DevOps Engineer: boards.greenhouse.io/trunkclub/jobs/497712
Software Development Engineer in Test: boards.greenhouse.io/trunkclub/jobs/88244
Front-End Engineer: boards.greenhouse.io/trunkclub/jobs/44922
Senior Data Scientist: boards.greenhouse.io/trunkclub/jobs/582519
Director of Data Science: boards.greenhouse.io/trunkclub/jobs/111879
Network Security Engineer: boards.greenhouse.io/trunkclub/jobs/482266
Systems Engineer II: boards.greenhouse.io/trunkclub/jobs/598427
Please check out our website to learn more: https://www.trunkclub.com/careers.
#3 of 14
• Product: Relativity, handles large volumes of data and helps corporations, law firms, and government agencies solve their own unique data problems.
• Why: To fulfill the vision we set for our product, Relativity: to simplify and accelerate how the world conducts e-discovery by bringing the entire process and community together in one open, flexible, connected platform.
• Vision: Our mission is to help our customers organize data, discover the truth, and act on it. Building great e-discovery software for managing massive volumes of electronic evidence during litigation or investigations.
• Stack (Reston, VA): Java, Scala, JVM, Linux, REST, GIT, Akka, Jenkins, Bamboo
• Stack (Chicago & Krakow, PL): C#, ASP.NET, MVC, SQL Server, Azure, REST, Chef, Powershell
• Core Values: Be humble and stay hungry, Be an excellent communicator, Exceed the expectations of your customers and your colleagues, Hold yourself and your colleagues accountable, Enjoy and be great at your job, Embrace the talents of your colleagues and our customers, Do more with less
• Founder and owner: Andrew Sieja, CEO
• Advisor: ICONIQ Capital
Phone call [30 min] >> Code Challenge (2 hour, at home, fun coding exercise) >> Interview in office to meet the team (3 ½ hours) >> Decision communicated to you within 24 hours
#4 of 14
Curbside’s investors include Sutter Hill Ventures, Index Ventures, Jerry Yang’s AME Cloud Ventures, Qualcomm Ventures, Eric Schmidt’s Innovation Endeavors, O’Reilly AlphaTech Ventures, Gil Elbaz & David Waxman’s TenOneTen and Chicago Ventures.
Problem space: mobile commerce, big data, search, machine learning, reverse engineering, distributed systems, location services, user experience.
https://curbside.com/jobs • Palo Alto, Ca. • Relocation Available • Sorry at this time we cannot sponsor NEW H-1B’s, but we can transfer existing visa’s and sponsor new E3’s, TN’s, and O-1’s.
#5 of 14
Hello! I'm Matt Moore and I'm the CTO at Popular Pays. We're a marketplace that connects content creators with brands looking to generate content that is worth sharing. We’re looking for a senior web software engineer to join our team. We're growing quickly and are looking for someone who can help us build an amazing product that will scale with us at a robust and sustainable pace. Job description is posted here: https://angel.co/popular-pays/jobs/226947-senior-web-softwar...
You can apply through Angel List or email me firstname.lastname@example.org.
#6 of 14
ZokuVault is a secure online vault that both helps individuals and families store, share and organize their most important information, and helps these clients more effectively engage with their trusted advisors. With ZokuVault, end users can organize and store important information related to their wills and trusts, insurance policies, financial assets, tax records, and even their end-of-life plans, and share that information opportunistically with their family and most trusted relationships.
We are looking for Ruby Software Engineers in the Chicago area to grow our team.
VP of Engineering: https://angel.co/zoku-technologies/jobs/225227-vp-of-enginee...
Software Engineer: https://angel.co/zoku-technologies/jobs/227190-software-engi...
#7 of 14
We're looking for an experienced Software Architect to lead our software engineering team building out and scaling an open-source data commons platform used by cancer researchers.
Our infrastructure includes of 17PB object storage, 18,000 compute cores, 100G networking, along with interoperability over public clouds. Developing a deep technical understanding of the system, software, and security architecture will be critical to success in this role.
Technologies used: python, linux, openstack, AWS, postgres, consul, salt, elasticsearch, spark, and more
Learn more about the Genomic Data Commons at https://gdc.cancer.gov
Join a team of engineers and scientists in our academic research center leading translational data science and advancing data driven cancer research.
Apply at https://cdis.uchicago.edu
#8 of 14
Help us build open-source software for education: http://code.instructure.com/
We're hiring Senior Software Engineers, Software Engineers in Test (web and mobile), a Technical Program Manager and a Sofware Security Architect. See here for the list of open positions: https://jobs.lever.co/instructure?lever-via=IQ-V_FRhae
Our main stack is Ruby on Rails + React, but we also work with Go, Clojure, Node and other technologies. We have plenty of hard engineering problems for you to sink your teeth into, and endless opportunities to learn!
Our culture is engineering-driven and very work-from-home-friendly (although we are not hiring 100% remote at present).
Great benefits (including unlimited vacation) and competitive salary.
Feel free to email me at okhan(at)instructure(dot)com if you have any questions (I am an engineer not a recruiter).
#9 of 14
Rocketmiles helps frequent travelers take more vacations. Our team is headquartered in Chicago's West Loop with a satellite office in Dumbo, Brooklyn.
We're currently looking for:
* Grails / Kotlin / Java / Backend developers (Chicago, NYC)
* Senior Systems Engineer (Chicago)
* QA Engineer (Chicago)
* Product Manager (Chicago)
* Business analyst
I lead our product team, so please reach out to me directly (email@example.com) if you are interested, or head to rocketmiles.com/jobs for more information.
#10 of 14
Tiz is a technology platform connecting restaurants, distributors, and suppliers in the beverage alcohol industry. We are a well funded, hungry team changing a huge industry that is ripe for innovation. We are looking for a well-rounded developer to help us bring modern technology to an archaic market.
Our core app is built on Ruby on Rails and Angular, so strong skills and experience with Rails is a must. We also need someone with versatile chops who can help us integrate with various backends that often times take some creative thinking to connect and maintain. Our goal is to deliver a delightful user experience, so having some design / ux sensibilities is important.
We are looking for someone to work full-time in our office in Chicago.
- 4+ years experience with Rails
- Pragmatic critical thinking in order to deliver practical solutions
- Ability to communicate effectively in our remote environment
- Top performer while being a humble team player
Send resumes to info (at) tiz.com
#11 of 14
As technology consultants, we work with a variety of clients that hire us to solve complex and interesting problems. Each client we work with gives us a new perspective and a broad exposure to different technologies, which leads to a pretty unlimited learning environment. If you have a passion for exploring new technologies, chances are you’ll fit right in.
MOBILE @ THOUGHTWORKS:
Our Mobile Engineers partner with our clients to define their mobile strategy and are hands-on in building applications that can scale an enterprise system. We create enterprise mobile applications that are clean, well-tested, scalable and deployed in a CI/CD pipeline.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
Ideal candidates have been working in the mobile space for a few years, have led a few mobile teams, can lead mobile strategy, and care about best practices like testing and continuous delivery.
We are particularly interested in engineers with iOS experience, particularly those who are well-versed with Swift 3.0 or Swift 2.0.
We have a strong preference for candidates with previous experience full stack development experience, as the nature of consulting means working on projects with a huge variety in scale, scope and technology. However, we are open to considering candidates without previous full stack experience if there is a strong desire to learn from our full stack developers, DevOps engineers, etc.
We work almost exclusively on client site providing a mix of delivery and consulting services, so you’ll travel extensively as part of your role.
APPLY at https://www.thoughtworks.com/careers/browse-jobs
#12 of 14
Our team uses Python and its data stack (pandas, numpy, scikit-learn) along with a little Java to drive decisions and power software that is used by more than 17,000 brands around the world. Companies like Microsoft, Zipcar, Hyatt, Google, and Zendesk rely on Sprout to create stronger relationships with their customers through social media.
We’re looking for curious, analytical, and creative people to help utilize the vast amount of data we have. If you love finding ways of using data to build better products and solve problems, we’d love to talk with you.
- Build predictive models in support of product and business goals
- Conduct research to surface new opportunities and understanding
- Build tooling for all of the above
- Mentoring, teaching, and helping to level up the team
- You have professional experience working on data-driven problems. Examples might be classification, recommendations, churn prediction, topic modeling, fraud detection, etc.
- You’ve built production machine learning pipelines in Python or Java.
- You have a strong understanding of statistics (probability, experimental design, bayesian methods).
- You enjoy thinking about business and product, and how data can be used to inform or improve both.
- You understand, appreciate, and can explain the tradeoffs between simple methods and complex models.
- You probably studied a technical, quantitative, or analytical field throughout school, but also might have taken a different route. We’re looking for at least a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
- Experience working with text data and using natural language processing methods
- Experience with Apache Airflow, Spark, or AWS Data Products (EMR, Redshift, Kinesis)
- Experience with deep learning toolkits, such as Keras, Theano, or TensorFlow
#13 of 14
Make School was founded in 2012 to empower students to build and ship products that impact their communities.
We’re looking for iOS developers to teach at our Summer Academy, an eight week program where students of all ages build and ship their own iOS app, game, or VR experience. You'll teach Swift fundamentals plus product design, prototyping, user testing, analytics, and more. This is a contract position in 2017 from mid-June to mid-August. Locations include San Francisco, Oakland, Silicon Valley, Los Angeles, Chicago, Dallas, Washington D.C., Atlanta, New York City, Beijing, Hong Kong, and Tokyo.
Apply here and mention Hacker News: https://www.makeschool.com/jobs
We've met some great people through HN and would love to meet more!
#14 of 14
SpotHero is changing parking, and our tools will redefine the transportation industry. With over a million cars parked, fast growth, and solid funding (https://angel.co/spothero), SpotHero offers countless ways to make an impact on the company and your career.
Senior Engineer - Platform (DevOps) - https://spothero.com/careers/570628
Senior Engineer - Platform (Data)- https://spothero.com/careers/242762
To apply, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include any github account, linkedin profile, and any project that you’re particularly proud of. We love seeing work that others loved working on.