where is who is hiring?
#1 of 4
[ original post ]
Solutions Engineers at Facebook spend roughly half their time working with product engineering teams and writing production code. The other half of their time is spent working directly with partners to develop and execute their Facebook technology strategy.
We find that this setup is great for engineers that want to spend more time on the business side of things or have more people interaction while still being hands on with code.
This allows large advertisers to work directly with people at Facebook that have a knowledge of the ads codebase, and Solutions Engineers can implement great suggestions made by partners.
More about the role is available at https://www.facebook.com/careers/life/solutions-engineering-... .
Facebook | Solutions Engineering Manager | Menlo Park, NYC, Berlin | Onsite
We also have some great opportunities for engineering managers that would like to support a team in Menlo Park, NYC, or Berlin. You would support a distributed team, so some travel would be required.
If you have any questions, feel free to send me an email at email@example.com .
You can find the job listings at https://www.facebook.com/careers/teams/engineering/ , under “Solutions Engineering”.
#2 of 4
We believe shared cars are a better way to move around, offering more flexibility and more convenience.
We are already the #1 car rental marketplace in Europe, and we believe the adoption will be 100 times larger in just a few years. We are present in several countries, have great mobile apps, and kick-ass hardware. And we're just getting started.
We're looking for someone who is not only well versed in Android development, but also has a strong understanding of good UX.
Link to the job offer - https://en.drivy.com/jobs/57caa312-85cc-4ab2-b0ba-0402affc5f...
Engineering Blog - https://drivy.engineering
Please apply via the above link and mention Hacker News!
#3 of 4
We are looking for new colleagues to help on our FOSS software solutions and contribute to research and industrial projects. If you are passionate about open source software and like one of our topics on http://www.nexedi.com/jobs get in touch with us! Candidates will do a programming test followed by an interview. We're looking for:
- Nexedi | Artificial Language Processing Python Developer | Lille | INTERN
- Nexedi | Site Reliability Python Developer | Paris | INTERN
- Nexedi | Out-Of-Core Numpy Python Developer | Munich | INTERN
- Nexedi | Big Data Machine Learning Python Developer | Lille | INTERN
- Nexedi | AI Business Bot Python Developer | Munich | INTERN
#4 of 4
Be the guardian of systems that make the best decision in 50ms, half a million times per second. Across three continents and seven datacenters, 24/7.
• Assess the importance of technical issues, coordinate action within a team of 5+ people, resolve or escalate issues to the right level
• Investigate complex problems and find innovative answers to blocking issues
• Coordinate 400+ people and the operational teams to ensure that the most critical issues are taken care of fast and efficiently
• Help influence the R&D in improving the platform’s weak spots, develop tools to get an accurate map of the biggest issues, diagnose the platform automatically
• Be part of the level 2 on-duty team and help maintain a good level of service with some on call responsibilities
• You will implement measures to ensure an incident only happens once, and never again
Feel free to drop us a line at rndrecruitment[@]criteo.com =)