where is who is hiring?
#1 of 9
[ original post ]
Floreo (http://floreotech.com) is an early-stage startup in Washington DC developing a first of its kind virtual reality platform to deliver children’s therapy. Our first product is focused on VR-based autism therapy.
We are a multidisciplinary team of developers, doctors, designers, therapists, parents, and artists and we are working in the uncharted territory of VR for delivery of therapist mediated therapeutic experiences. This is a unique opportunity to build a highly challenging technically grounded product that has the potential of helping families in immeasurable ways.
We are looking for a second developer to join our team with the following qualities:
Game development experience using a commercial game engine such as Unity or Unreal is required
Experience in all aspects of developing a game, from design to fine tuning multiplayer network latencies are highly desirable
Experience specifically with VR is a plus
Startup experience is highly desired as we are a small team used to wearing lots of hats
Our stack currently includes, Unity (using CSharp), to implement the VR / in game experience. We are using “Google VR for Unity” AKA daydream/cardboard to build for iOS and Android. We are using in house developed 3D and audio assets. We run our own backend and API, written in Go on AWS.
Please send an email to email@example.com and mention HN.
Also visit: http://floreotech.com/careers/
#2 of 9
StreetShares is hiring passionate software engineers to build our online lending platform. Engineers will work in a fast paced environment to shape the future of our company. These position will focus on all aspects of our system including application, database, and front end code. The ideal candidate is comfortable being an intricate part of a small agile team, can engage across all functional areas. These positions report to the VP of Product Technology and are based in our Reston, VA headquarters.
You can apply online at https://streetshares.workable.com/
If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to email Andrew at firstname.lastname@example.org
#3 of 9
- Director of Product Design - VOTO Platform
- Senior Engineer - Full-stack Web Application Developer
- User Experience Engineer - Front-end Web Application Developer
- Senior Engineer - Custom Technology Applications
- Senior Engineer - Android/Mobile Application Developer
#4 of 9
I am currently a startup of one, looking for my first few hires (part-time contract, possibly a large/founding full-time role depending on the match).
The platform teaches IT + cybersecurity skills through a Codecademy-like interface using containers; it also allows employers to automate technical interviews using custom assessments (similar to HackerRank, but with more full-system functionality instead of coding puzzles and limited simulations).
Looking for significant experience with more than one of the following:
- Web development (Node)
- Containers (Docker)
- Networking (building secure virtual networks)
#5 of 9
Engage is looking for a web development intern. The ideal candidate is a highly motivated student or recently graduated student interested in pursuing a career in web development and is excited to work with our in-house development team. You'd be working with our back-end and front-end web developers building custom websites and applications, using PHP; primarily, we work in WordPress and Laravel.
This internship is located in Alexandria, VA (in the Washington DC metro area) and you must be able to work on-site. This internship can be part or full time based on your availability (we're flexible). This is a paid internship.
Ideal candidate profile would have one or both of these skill sets:
Back-end focused internship
And/or, front-end focused internship
In order to be considered, you must submit work samples. Please link to your GitHub profile or portfolio/website.
#6 of 9
DivvyCloud is a fully-funded startup based in Arlington, Virginia, currently looking to expand its talented team of developers. Here at DivvyCloud we are developing the next generation in cloud automation. By leveraging DivvyCloud’s event driven automation, our customers are pushing the boundaries of infrastructure-as-code. Our goal is to build an intelligent autonomous system that will allow 2 DevOps engineers to manage massively large global infrastructures.
#7 of 9
Engage is seeking a Web Developer to join our award winning creative team. The Web Developer will collaborate with Engage’s client strategists, designers, and developers to plan and build digital tools, campaigns, web and mobile applications, and websites for our clients. If you’re interested in teaming up with government agencies and House of Representatives committees, Fortune 500 companies, leading advocacy organizations, and the nation’s top trade associations to deliver winning solutions in a fun, fast-paced environment—we want to talk.
This is a full-time position and you must be able to work on-site in Alexandria, VA (metro Washington, DC). You'll probably need at least two years of experience in a web development role to meet the qualifications below, but we're not opposed to hiring a prodigy.
About Engage: Engage is a full-service digital agency based in Alexandria, VA. Our mission is to impact the world around us through bold strategy and innovative technology. We offer very competitive compensation packages because we want to work with the best. Our team is focused and hard-working, but we also want you to have fun and get home for dinner. Work/life balance is important to us, and we believe happy employees make happy clients
#8 of 9
Make School was founded in 2012 to empower students to build and ship products that impact their communities.
We’re looking for iOS developers to teach at our Summer Academy, an eight week program where students of all ages build and ship their own iOS app, game, or VR experience. You'll teach Swift fundamentals plus product design, prototyping, user testing, analytics, and more. This is a contract position in 2017 from mid-June to mid-August. Locations include San Francisco, Oakland, Silicon Valley, Los Angeles, Chicago, Dallas, Washington D.C., Atlanta, New York City, Beijing, Hong Kong, and Tokyo.
Apply here and mention Hacker News: https://www.makeschool.com/jobs
We've met some great people through HN and would love to meet more!
#9 of 9
Rinse is a technology-enabled dry cleaning and laundry delivery service. We've grown at double-digit month-over-month rates for about four years now, our business fundamentals are solid, and our customers love us! We have a number of open positions:
1) We're looking for qualified Software Engineers of all degrees of experience. We're primarily a Django / Python shop, but an individual with solid systems engineering fundamentals will succeed, regardless of technical specifics. We're building tools and for our customers, our drivers, our internal staff, and our vendors. It's a "target rich" environment with plenty of opportunity to make a direct and meaningful impact on the business! We're solving problems as varied as demand forecasting, route optimization, QR tagging for inventory control, and a suite of mobile apps for our customers and staff. See https://www.rinse.com/careers/software-engineer/
2) We're actively searching for Operations Associates, both full-time and part-time, particularly for evening hours, in all three of our locations. No specialized skills are required. This job comes with significant career growth opportunities; we've promoted a number of our Operations Associates into management. If you have a strong attention to detail, good organizational and communication skills, and a desire to join a growing startup, join us! See https://www.rinse.com/careers/
3) We're also looking for experienced Customer Experience Associates at our San Francisco headquarters. We take customer experience very seriously at Rinse, and the attitude, skill, and wit of our CX team is a big part of what makes us succeed. We're particularly interested in those with experience managing customer claims and escalated complaints. See https://www.rinse.com/careers/customer-claims-associate/
Interested in the maturing delivery startup scene, but want to join one with a sustainable business model? Perhaps your family ran a dry cleaner or laundromat when you were growing up? Delighted with our service? Let's talk!
Email sam <at> rinse.com with questions, or contact jobs <at> rinse.com directly to apply.