where is who is hiring?
#1 of 23
[ original post ]
Secret Escapes is a Index Ventures and Google Ventures backed startup and is the UK's biggest members-only website offering flash sales on luxury travel within the UK and around the world. We negotiate amazing deals and exclusive discounts for our members.
Travel is - and should be - exciting, and booking a holiday or hotel should be a great experience. That's what we set out to achieve, and it's the philosophy that drives us on. We want to inspire the world to escape, and we do so with strong imagery, stylish writing, sought-after destinations and unbeatable prices.
Apply if you are looking for a fast paced, entrepreneurial environment where self-starters have an opportunity to make a huge impact in one of the internet's fastest growing categories. We're a dedicated and passionate team who work hard to make things happen. You won't find us standing on ceremony or worrying about corporate red tape (we're fresh out of that stuff).
#2 of 23
Our team needs support to rebuild our core application from scratch. We are looking for enthusiastic front end and/or PHP/JS full stack developers eager to design and work with a young, dynamic team.
TripsByTips is a multilingual crowdsourcing platform to produce useful travel content (text, photos, geodata) with 15,000 freelancers in 106 countries and we build software as a geo-service.
The tools we currently use: PHP (Micro-)Frameworks: Symfony, Silex, Slim, PostgreSQL, Elasticsearch, React, ECMAScript 2015/2016, HTML5, CSS3, Sass, Docker, Kubernetes, Gitlab.
Lene Giese looks forward to your questions and application (030-616528400, firstname.lastname@example.org)
#3 of 23
With over 25,000 things to do, GetYourGuide is the world's largest marketplace for tours and activities, and we keep growing every day. The engineering team builds solutions that make it easy for our customers to find, book, and enjoy great experiences around the world. They range from creating a beautiful user experience and working on search algorithms to automating our scalable server infrastructure. We believe that small, agile, and cross-functional teams are the key ingredients to creating value for our customers and the GetYourGuide marketplace. We also strongly believe in collecting and analyzing data to help guide our decisions for building a great product.
We have several positions open in our engineer department: backend developers (mostly PHP or Python), Frontend, Data Engineer, Android Developer
Direct listing for this job: http://grnh.se/8f7scx
#4 of 23
Boiler Room is the world's leading community of underground music fans. We live-stream DJ sets and live gigs from music hubs such as London, Berlin, New York, Paris, LA and >60 other cities to music lovers all over the world. It started as a webcam taped to a warehouse wall in East London – in five years Boiler Room has grown to become the online home of underground music, and also a complex broadcasting and editorial platform in its own right.
We are currently looking for a Full Stack Developer to join our team.
Apply/info at https://boiler-room.workable.com/jobs/406548
Please email email@example.com with any questions
#5 of 23
- Backend Engineer
- Embedded Engineer
KIWI.KI's goal is to replace the physical key and to revolutionize key management. Our smart access-as-a-service solution KIWI allows users to unlock doors completely hands-free with our identity token KIWI Ki or by using our KIWI App.
The development team is an interdisciplinary mix, covering the full range from hardware and firmware development through systems, web, and mobile. Our highest priority is safeguarding the privacy and security of our users. We believe that it’s possible to have a connected system without gathering huge amounts of information on the private lives of our customers.
Tech stack overview: bare-metal C, CoreOS, Kubernetes, PostgreSQL, Redis, Python, Django, Flask. Apply at: https://kiwi.ki/en/jobs/
#6 of 23
We're building a distributed system for detecting credit card fraud in realtime. All our internal services have been built with Golang and we're using kubernetes for orchestration. Ideally you've got 4+ years experience in startups running production infrastructure and you've built something from scratch.
- Golang, C/C++, rust, or similar languages
- Knowledge of algorithms & data structures
- Interest in distributed systems research & databases
- Docker, k8s, container networking & distributed filesystems
- Experience with monitoring, testing & performance tuning
- Building machine learning pipelines for training large datasets
You will be one of the first 10 engineers and can expect lots of responsibility to match a competitive salary.
Send your CV and cover letter to:
stefan < at > fraugster - dot - com
#7 of 23
We're building a SAAS feedback solution for smart companies. Many startups in the Bay Area use it to help their employees give and receive work-related feedback and suggestions for improvement.
We're a team of 12 developers & designers and looking to grow!
Perks include no overtime, great and quiet office (team rooms of 3-5 people only), annual company trip to the US to meet clients, 20% time (we call it slack days), solid training budget, conference attendance, and of course a very welcoming and smart team.
Stack: Backend in Java on Google Cloud, Frontend in React (and some Angular leftovers). It's sufficient to be strong on one side of the stack, and have an interest to learn about the other.
We're self-funded and profitable. That's great because no VC is telling us how to do things - but we have to make actual money :)
Tons of details on https://careers.small-improvements.com
#8 of 23
We're always looking for hungry & curious engineers (from INTERN to senior level) in:
- Backend Engineering (Golang, GRPC, Postgres, Aerospike)
- Frontend & Hybrid Engineering (Typescript, Angular, Ionic, Cordova)
- Site Reliability Engineering (Golang, GCP/AWS, Kubernetes, Prometheus)
- B2C and B2B products with massive traction in 24 countries
- Hard problems, no politics, clear focus, great context - driven by values & excellence
- We're self-funded, profitable and rather share the company with our employees than with VCs
- an intense learning culture with high degrees of autonomy and room for personal growth
- a development philosophy that balances fast hacking with a solid architectural foundation
- great mentoring and regular feedback
- every two weeks is Dev Day, reserved for automation, simplification and tech talks
#9 of 23
Minodes is a startup in the retail analytics space. Based in the heart of Berlin, we provide (offline) retailers innovative solutions to understand their business better, enhance their customers' in-store shopping experience, and bridge the gap between online and offline using machine learning approaches.
From a technology perspective, we have thousands of our sensors installed in our customers' retail stores around the world and a server infrastructure to manage these sensors and to process the terabytes of data that they are producing. Our tech stack consists of Python (and Golang) for data processing and analysis, and Cassandra and Postgres for data storage. We work, learn and develop while having lots of fun on the way. The usual perks (drinks, breakfast, nice office, …) are included. We're also happy to help with visa and relocation where necessary.
We are looking for a wide range of people to join our team, including:
Software Engineers (Frontend/JS/React/Redux, Backend/Python/Go): https://minodes-jobs.personio.de/?language=en#category-1735
Data Scientists: https://minodes-jobs.personio.de/?language=en#category-1733
Business Intelligence specialists: https://minodes-jobs.personio.de/?language=en#category-1731
You can find even more jobs here: https:/www.minodes.com/jobs
No recruiters please.
#10 of 23
Solutions Engineers at Facebook spend roughly half their time working with product engineering teams and writing production code. The other half of their time is spent working directly with partners to develop and execute their Facebook technology strategy.
We find that this setup is great for engineers that want to spend more time on the business side of things or have more people interaction while still being hands on with code.
This allows large advertisers to work directly with people at Facebook that have a knowledge of the ads codebase, and Solutions Engineers can implement great suggestions made by partners.
More about the role is available at https://www.facebook.com/careers/life/solutions-engineering-... .
Facebook | Solutions Engineering Manager | Menlo Park, Berlin | Onsite
We also have some great opportunities for engineering managers that would like to support a team in Menlo Park or Berlin. You would support a distributed team, so some travel would be required. Roughly half the time would be spent on people management, with the other half on Solutions Engineering work.
We will consider very experienced tech leads that would like to make the transition into people management.
For the position in Berlin, we are looking for people fluent in German.
If you would like to apply or have any questions, feel free to send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org .
You can find the job listings at https://www.facebook.com/careers/teams/engineering/ , under “Solutions Engineering”.
#11 of 23
We are creating original approaches to interactively explore knowledge and information that reveal new insights and experiences of value.
We're a small software company with significant backing from our Berlin based parent company looking to add a fifth developer to the Edinburgh team. All our projects are very visually orientated, built with React, Redux, Immutable.js, WebGL for the front-end with Node.js and Postgresql for the backend.
Further details at: https://hyper.digital/exp-js-dev
#12 of 23
Quobyte is building the next-generation parallel file system: scalable, fault-tolerant, and with high performance for file, block, and object storage. Our customers use Quobyte for scientific and commercial HPC clusters, container and OpenStack infrastructures, video and CGI clusters, and as a scalable backend for SaaS products.
If you’re into systems, we’ve got it all: kernel, concurrency, network, distributed algorithms, ...
Languages are C++, Java, and Python. We do whiteboard interviews and value passion for coding.
Roles: Senior Software Engineer, Junior Software Engineer, Engineer in Testing, QA Engineer, Support Engineer, Sales Engineer
Send your CV to: email@example.com
We currently do not sponsor visas.
#13 of 23
Hi, this is Javier, VP of Product. We are hiring for many positions. We are 35 people right now. 95% of us seniors.
We are disrupting the logistics sector in Europe, we are growing like crazy and we are backed by top investors from London and Berlin.
We follow really good agile and product processes. Look at our Product Process for example https://nerds.ontruck.com/the-product-process-at-ontruck-e25...
You can write me directly at javier@
#14 of 23
AUTO1 is looking for REST and microservices enthusiasts to join the fastest engineering team of 2016 in Berlin.
More details here: https://app.jobvite.com/j?cj=oTdE4fwy&s=Hacker_News
Send your CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org
We have several Engineering job openings (PHP, Frontend, QA, Mobile), check our career page: https://www.auto1.com/en/jobs
#15 of 23
Who we are? relayr is a well-funded and rapidly expanding start-up based in Berlin and Munich. We have an extremely international and very friendly team, who build and maintain a full IoT technology stack. We are shaping the IoT world and building the future! Let’s do it together!
We are actively hiring for the following positions:
Check out our career page for more details. You can also apply there directly, if any position sparks your interest! https://relayr.io/jobs/
Any questions? Don’t hesitate to get in touch! email@example.com
#16 of 23
We are a young tech start-up based in Berlin-Kreuzberg that provides cross-device technology to improve digital advertising. Our cross-device technology was completely built in-house and complies with EU and German privacy regulations. The core of our tech is our Roq.ad Cross-Device Marketing Graph, which predicts what internet devices belong to the same user based on a probabilistic and deterministic approach. Many international brands such as Axel Springer, Vodafone, Red Bull, and Deutsche Bank are already satisfied customers and many market leading AdTech companies are our partners. For our proprietary technology we were acknowledged as one of the Top 3 Companies to watch in 2015 in Germany and also as a Top EU Tech Company by European Tech Tour.
We are looking for a Client Service Manager (m/f) to join our team. Our ideal candidate will be creative, enthusiastic and good at “getting things done.” She/he will work with us in the heart of Berlin and play an active role in our future.
• You are responsible for understanding client needs and setting up audience and cross-device campaigns accordingly, reporting + analyzing + optimizing results, and communicating with the client continuously.
• You are responsible for creating, setting up and optimizing media campaigns over various DSP and platforms.
• You are responsible for client happiness, so always striving for the best for our clients, in terms of results but also with coming up with new ideas based on the latest industry and tech developments.
• You will be responsible for rebooking, up- and cross-selling.
• Running campaigns using the Roq.ad cross-device technology means you work closely with our IT and data experts, defining and implementing new product requirements.
What we expect from you:
• You completed a business, engineering or comparable studies with a strong analytical focus.
• You have some good knowledge in market intelligence, Ad-Ops, or account management in the AdTech industry.
• You understand how businesses operate, allowing you to easily put yourself in your clients' shoes.
• You know how Real Time Bidding works and can explain the difference between a DSP, DMP and SSP in less than 3 minutes.
• You have an eye for detail. Setting up campaigns on the multiple platforms we use requires precision and has little room for mistakes.
• You are fluent in English. Other languages are beneficial.
email your cv --> firstname.lastname@example.org
#17 of 23
AMBOSS is a revolutionary new learning system for medical students and physicians. Our team consists of more than 100 dedicated physicians who are driven by the idea of improving medical care for people around the world. Do you want to participate in shaping a new era of medical education?
Currently looking for:
- Lead Frontend Engineer (https://www.miamed.de/jobs?gh_jid=665758)
- Lead UI Designer (https://www.miamed.de/jobs?gh_jid=665509)
- PHP Developer (https://www.miamed.de/jobs?gh_jid=477910)
- QA Engineer (https://www.miamed.de/jobs?gh_jid=598988)
- Systems Administrator (Office IT)
What we offer:
- Diverse and interesting tasks with a high degree of autonomy
- Ambitious and dynamic team with flat hierarchy
- Extensive mutual support in a versatile developer team
- Lively start-up with a trusting and friendly atmosphere
- Flexible hours. Offices in Cologne and Berlin
- Regular team building events
- Apart from an almost Barista-grade espresso machine, we also have a custom-made Argentinian barbecue on our rooftop terrace and a fridge that’s fully stocked at all times
- Contribute to a product that can actively and positively change the world
- Fun at work (how often do you get that?)
#18 of 23
We build software for GPU-based deep learning clusters, on top of Kubernetes and DC/OS. Join our early-stage startup team in Berlin (VC-funded) and help us develop our command-line app (golang), web app (JS/react), API services (Python) and/or contribute to Kubernetes/Mesos open source projects.
Email us at email@example.com
#19 of 23
Adspert statistically optimises advertising accounts (e.g. AdWords).
We're looking for:
- a python developer (mostly backend)
- a statistics/optimisation software developer
More info at https://www.adspert.net/en/about/jobs/ .
#20 of 23
Nebenan.de is a free local online service to strengthen neighbourhoods: neighbours can connect to exchange recommendations, things, help and news. We are looking to fill a senior developer position to help us with the backend part of nebenan.de.
Our stack: ruby + rails json API, postgresql + postgis, redis, elasticsearch
* You write software.
* ruby + rails experience is required, you should have worked on some bigger projects.
* Broad experience and exposure to many different languages and programming concepts is a big plus.
* You care about security
* modest enough to listen to crazy ideas
* strong enough to push back against crazy ideas
* Bonus: you’ve worked as a freelancer or ran your own company at some point in your career
* Bonus: you also speak German
* To join a small and excellent team with QA support
* Responsibility for a product with meaning that a lot of people will use
* Open company culture, leadership based on competence
* Flexible working hours
Sounds interesting? Send us your CV and links you consider relevant for us (your GitHub profile, websites you worked on, Blogs) to: firstname.lastname@example.org
#21 of 23
Our fast growing Open Source Technology startup (https://deepstream.io/, https://deepstreamhub.com/) is looking for a Sales Engineer who loves to travel and work with customers on implementations and usecases.
#22 of 23
- You not only love coding, but also take the time to reflect on the benefits and drawbacks of your tools, be they frameworks, languages, or processes.
- You strive for clean code, but also know how to make your "shortcuts" easy to delete in a crunch.
- You know what to test, why to test it, and how to write flexible tests that won't break with minor changes.
- You're comfortable with Linux and know how to get things done on the command line, including on remote servers.
- You're not afraid to use Google or ask for help when something is beyond your grasp.
- You care about user interaction, usability, and of course – making the interface beautiful.
- In general, technology excites you and you strive to learn something on a daily basis!
We're working on an Angular 1.6 app, and transitioning sections of it to React. An ideal team mate would have familiarity with both frameworks, but a solid foundation in one is sufficient.
SumUp | Junior Frontend Developer | Berlin | ON-SITE, Visa | http://sumup.co.uk
The junior developer position is for someone who wants to grow into being more technical, but is already starting with a solid foundation in HTML, CSS, and programming fundamentals. This position is perfect for someone who finds the fullstack job description exciting, but needs to get some more experience before taking the leap.
Note for both positions: If you are not an EU citizen, we can sponsor your visa, but please consider that our hiring process involves on-site interviewing and on-site trial work!
#23 of 23
Open Source Technology startup (https://deepstream.io/, https://deepstreamhub.com/) is looking for a NodeJS / Frontend developer to join our growing team: