where is who is hiring?
#1 of 12
[ original post ]
Kensho is a leading analytics and machine learning company serving the financial, healthcare, and national security sectors. We are backed by investors as diverse as Google, Goldman Sachs, and In-Q-Tel (the venture arm of the CIA).
We recruit world-class engineers, data scientists, designers, scientists and researchers, many of whom have PhDs in scientific disciplines. We have a spectrum of opportunities in Harvard Square, New York City, and Washington, D.C. for individuals with the right scientific and computing skills.
To see all open positions visit: https://www.kensho.com/careers
#2 of 12
We are making insurance as an asset class, potentially bringing the next trillion dollar market to life and changing the insurance gets priced everywhere.
We work with tons of financial data and we have everything to build: from APIs to UI for investors and insurance companies.
#3 of 12
StreetShares is a startup with ~30 employees focused on small business lending centered around the veteran community.
We are looking for a senior dev ops engineer to improve our pipeline from development to production. We have a small tech team (currently 6) and you will have control of our deployment.
It will involve:
If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to email Andrew at firstname.lastname@example.org
#4 of 12
Even though we believe in facts and their validity over non-facts, we don't believe detecting real vs. fake news is the key to understanding the post-factual world. Instead, we're much more interested in people's _beliefs_ regardless of whether or not those beliefs are true. We think people are guided by what they believe to be true, not necessarily by what is objectively true.
To that end we have built PROTAGONIST, a machine-learning-powered analytical engine that takes a novel approach to computational linguistics and natural language processing. We have proprietary algorithms that can detect various patterns of subjective language that is indicative of an underlying belief. We call these NARRATIVE patterns and are convinced they hold the key to "mining for beliefs" in the vast and wild media jungle.
Interested to hear more? Wanna come work with us in uncovering the new frontiers of NLP and Narrative Analytics? Check out the open positions at: http://protagonist.io/careers/
We have two locations: San Francisco, CA and Washington, DC
Keywords: linguist, full stack, backend, Python, language, fake news, narratives, beliefs.
#5 of 12
We all are coming from a very successful startup that exited about 2 years ago. We have a great team and are continuing to hire. Currently looking for a talented full stack engineer with a background/degree/passion in Math or Finance along with experience in Node and/or Python. Stack includes React, AWS (Serverless - API Gateway/Lambda), Node, Python, and more!
More information about us here:
#6 of 12
Symplicity has helped guide more than 26 million students to their dream career. We build the world’s leading campus recruiting software deployed at over 1,100 colleges and also tools to help recruiters land entry-level talent at these universities.
Our stack: PHP, Typescript, Slim, MySQL, Angular, ElasticSearch
Interview process is a phone screen, then onsite interview with a take-home coding exercise.
Learn more at https://www.symplicity.com/about/join-us
Interested in chatting? Email email@example.com
#7 of 12
Apply at: http://engagedc.theresumator.com/apply/Zla9Rw/Web-Developmen...
About the Internship:
Engage is looking for a web development intern. The ideal candidate is a highly motivated student or recently graduated student interested in pursuing a career in web development who is excited to work with our in-house development team. You'd be working with our back-end and front-end web developers building custom websites and applications, using PHP; primarily, we work in WordPress and Laravel.
This internship is located in Alexandria, VA (in the Washington DC metro area) and you must be able to work on-site. This internship can be part or full time based on your availability (we're flexible). This is a paid internship.
Ideal candidate profile would have one or both of these skill sets:
Back-end focused internship
And/or, front-end focused internship
In order to be considered, you must submit work samples. Please link to your GitHub profile or portfolio/website.
About Our Work Culture:
We love being able to provide interns hands-on experience that allows them to try new things, learn new skills, and grow. Our goal is to create an environment that will hone your skills based on your interests. Our interns are extremely important to our operations and quickly become integrated into our team. We take pride in producing high quality and award winning work, but we always find time for Nerf gun fights and team lunches. We love coming to work and think that you will too!
#8 of 12
Relationship-focused CRM for referral driven businesses and professionals.
Stack: Ruby on Rails, ReactJS (new), Backbone/Marionette (legacy), Postgres, Redis, Elasticsearch, Neo4j.
#9 of 12
Capital one is on a bit of a hiring spree, my team, the TED team in SF is a implementation/quazi-labs division where we solve some big problems.
Send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and mention HN.
#10 of 12
Ogilvy's Center for Innovation and Creative Technology is seeking a highly driven creative thinker with web development experience to join and help grow its Creative Technology team. As a Creative Technologist at Ogilvy Washington, you’ll be working across projects with huge impact that span the private and government sectors. You aren’t just helping clients sling product, you’ll help them change the world – whether it be working on projects that encourage behavior change, helping improve customer experience, or creating empathy through immersive storytelling. We are a cognitively diverse team of creatives building award-winning campaigns. We’re on top of current trends, always learning, pushing each other, and having a blast along the way.
- Using git for version control, branching and merging according to industry best practices
- Participating in code reviews
- Prototyping iOS and Android apps, web apps, Raspberry Pi apps, Arduino Apps
- Eating bagels on Bagel Monday
- Learning new programming languages, platforms, and mediums
- Participating actively in the DC tech community
- Building sweet experiential Beer Carts on Thursdays
- Be one of the go-to people for questions about cutting-edge technologies and how to best use them
- BA/BS in Computer Science, Interaction Design, Experience Design, Software Development or professional equivalent or certification
- Experience developing HTML Emails
- Adobe Creative Suite/Creative Cloud
- Experience building and maintaining production websites in content management systems (CMS)
- Insatiable desire for learning new things
Interview process: Screening call, onsite/video conference interviews with the team, team likes you, receive offer.
Apply here: https://uscareers-ogilvy.icims.com/jobs/1323/creative-techno...
#11 of 12
Our team is hiring general software developers for our digital accelerator program. In this program the candidate will go through a dedicated training before being sent to a specific market need. The candidate's does not need a specific language background, but the desire and ability to learn modern languages and DevOps principles is a must.
Please email email@example.com
#12 of 12
Rinse is a technology-enabled dry cleaning and laundry delivery service. We've grown at double-digit month-over-month rates for about four years now, our business fundamentals are solid, and our customers love us! We have a number of open positions:
1) We're aggressively hiring a City Manager for our upcoming Boston launch. This is a ground-level opportunity to build a rapidly-growing business with a proven product. People management and business development skills are critical aspects of this role; our city managers are also supported with marketing, technology, and operational capability from our San Francisco headquarters. See https://www.rinse.com/careers/city-manager-boston/
2) We're looking for qualified Software Engineers of all degrees of experience. We're primarily a Django / Python shop with React Native, but an individual with solid systems engineering fundamentals will succeed, regardless of technical specifics. We're building tools and for our customers, our drivers, our internal staff, and our vendors. It's a "target rich" environment with plenty of opportunity to make a direct and meaningful impact on the business! We're solving problems as varied as demand forecasting, route optimization, QR tagging for inventory control, and a suite of mobile apps for our customers and staff. See https://www.rinse.com/careers/software-engineer/
3) We're hiring our first Data Analyst to augment our data-driven management culture. The ideal candidate will span Data Engineering, Data Science, and Business Intelligence roles, and be familiar with enterprise data warehousing technologies. Important technical skills include SQL and Excel, with Python familiarity a plus. We have an interesting and growing data set; this position will enjoy considerable executive visibility and a significant influence in the direction of the company. See https://www.rinse.com/careers/data-analyst/
4) We're also hiring Managers and Associates, of all experience levels, in corporate, marketing, HR, and customer service functions, in our San Francisco HQ. Join a growing organization and effect positive change in our business! These roles offer great opportunities for non-technical individuals who want to join a growing startup. See https://www.rinse.com/careers/
Want to join a rapidly-growing startup that actually has a sustainable business model? Perhaps your family ran a dry cleaner or laundromat when you were growing up? Delighted with our service? Let's talk!
Email sam <at> rinse.com with questions, or contact jobs <at> rinse.com directly to apply.