where is who is hiring?
#1 of 2
[ original post ]
Our biomedical research lab is developing software tools for the nascent field of bionanotechnology. Our long-term goal is to develop targeted cancer therapeutics. To that end, we are learning to repurpose and engineer life's building blocks (DNA, RNA, proteins) to create atomically precise nanostructures that self-assemble into prescribed shapes and devices.
We are seeking a full-time software developer to help extend our computer-aided design tool Cadnano (http://cadnano.org/) with several new features, in particular, 2D and 3D views for designing biomolecules as well as integrating structural data derived from cryo-EM and molecular dynamics simulation. Experience with PyQt and 3D CAD/CAM preferred.
We work at the interface of molecular biology, biophysics, and computer science. Biology knowledge is not required, but the position offers an excellent opportunity to learn about biotech, synthetic biology, and related disciplines.
Apply at https://goo.gl/forms/ZeZxikT8YtZ5Xfj92
#2 of 2
ZestFinance is looking for a Senior Devops Engineer to join our team in Los Angeles.
* Expert sysadmin, experienced in managing large deployments
* Master troubleshooter - you know how computers work inside and out
* You enjoy challenge and won’t stop until it’s solved
* Program in at least one popular language (such as Ruby, Python, Go, C etc.)
* Experience in UNIX-focused operations role (5+ years)
* Support our existing underwriting platform (AWS, Chef, Docker, Ruby on Rails, R)
* Drive the design and implementation of our exciting new product (machine learning and underwriting as a service - on-premises)
* Ensure high reliability and operability of the platform
* Automate, automate, automate, monitor
* Provide technical direction and ownership of the infrastructure
ZestFinance, Inc. applies its unique credit-decisioning technology platform — based on data science and machine learning — to help lenders effectively predict credit risk so they can increase revenues, reduce risk and ensure compliance. ZestFinance was founded in 2009 by Douglas Merrill and a team of former Google employees with the mission of making fair and transparent credit available to everyone.
Apply here: https://app.jobvite.com/j?aj=oLmP4fwK&s=Hacker_News
For other openings visit: https://www.zestfinance.com/careers.html