where is who is hiring?
#1 of 9
[ original post ]
I am currently looking for my first few hires (part-time contract, possibly a larger full-time role depending on the match).
White Hat Academy teaches IT + cybersecurity skills through a Codecademy-like interface using virtual servers; it also allows employers to automate technical interviews using custom assessments (similar to HackerRank, but with more full-system functionality instead of coding puzzles and limited simulations).
Looking for significant experience in at least one of the following areas:
- Broad infosec background
- Containers (Docker)
Email me (Fletcher) at our site (whitehat.academy) if this sounds interesting. Contact me for a demo link; it's live and functional, but not yet scalable enough to share openly on HN.
#2 of 9
What is Upbeat?
Upbeat (http://upbeatpr.com) is reinventing public relations (PR) for companies by making it on-demand, transparent, and affordable. Unlike working with traditional PR agencies that cost tens of thousands of dollars a month and endless hours of meetings, companies can launch a campaign with Upbeat by signing up on our site and manage everything through our dashboard.
How are we able to do this? We’ve built an incredible platform that automates some of the most painful, manual parts of the process and leverages machine learning to build the world’s most powerful engine for connecting companies with stories to journalists and media publications. We’ve helped over 300 companies get featured in The New York Times, The Washington Post, Good Morning America, NPR, Fast Company, and much, much more.
Journalists are excited about what we're doing as well. Check out this Nieman Journalism Lab coverage of our innovative model: http://www.niemanlab.org/2017/06/pr-pitches-are-the-worst-th...
- Full-Stack Engineer (full-time): https://upbeat.workable.com/jobs/413395
- Media Strategist (full-time): https://upbeat.workable.com/jobs/499715
- Media Strategist (part-time) or Intern: https://upbeat.workable.com/jobs/499965
#3 of 9
We make it simple and affordable to custom frame the things you love!
The problems we solve on our small software development team span eCommerce, manufacturing, logistics, and data analysis. Our current core technologies are Ruby/Rails, CoffeeScript/AngularJS, Swift, Sass, AWS products, Chef (Opsworks), and related tools. We are looking to expand our team, come join us!
Full description at http://bit.ly/framebridge-SE-201707 -- apply at https://www.framebridge.com/about/careers or contact email@example.com with any questions :)
#4 of 9
We're hiring for a number of positions right now:
* Software Engineer (DC)
* Front End Developer (Boston or DC)
* SQL Server Developer (Boston or DC)
* Data Services Specialist (DC)
NGP VAN is the world’s leading political technology firm, providing campaign and organizing technology to Democrats, progressives, and non-partisan organizations. We built the voter contact and volunteer management tools used by Obama for America. Nearly every State Democratic Party in the United States distributes our VoteBuilder tools to Democrats up and down the ticket, and we provide industry-leading organizing tools that enable labor unions, environmental groups, pro-choice advocates, civil rights activists, and progressive political parties to win their campaigns around the world. Our fundraising and compliance software is used by the majority of Democrats from the Presidential level on down, and our engagement platform has become the most-used toolset for Democratic campaigns as well.
NGP VAN has been recognized by Inc. magazine as a top 50 fastest-growing and best place to work. We have a passion for our employees’ career advancement. We are an open-minded, flexible workplace that values learning and contributions of many different kinds.
Apply here: https://www.ngpvan.com/careers
We interview across a pretty wide range of experience levels. Hit me up at dmiller at ngpvan dot com for more info or to apply. I'm the VP of Engineering here.
#5 of 9
GiveCampus is a Y Combinator-backed company that builds fundraising software for educational institutions. We're tired of schools being stuck with crappy software that never changes, and we're working to bring actual innovation to the space, and solve the hair-on-fire problems fundraisers face.
Michael Seibel, CEO of YC, expects us to be a household name in the next few years: https://news.ycombinator.com/item?id=13896296. We were also covered by the Washington Post last year (https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/grade-point/wp/2016/04/1...), and have more than quadrupled the number of schools using us since it was published.
We're still a small team, so if you're looking to join a fast-growing startup and have an immediate impact, we're looking for both full-stack (Ruby on Rails, Postgres) and front-end engineers with at least 2 years of professional experience.
Reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org with a bit about why you're passionate about education, and a project you've working on that you're particularly proud of.
#6 of 9
++ MULTIPLE POSITIONS ++
- Python Developer - Our core app is in Django, but we also have Flask apps and a Python data ETL project
- DBA - Data modeling and database design. Maintain data dictionary.
- IT Intern
- Also editorial, sales, and ops roles -- check the website. And please contact me if you're interested in working here but don't fit an open position.
++ WHO WE ARE ++
This recent profile is a nice overview of the company: http://dive.pub/DiveWapo
We offer good benefits, competitive salary, and we're proud of our culture & commitment to work/life balance.
Washington Post "2017 Top Workplace" and a Washington Business Journal "Best Place To Work" three years running.
++ LEARN MORE ++
I'll do a quick information interview with anyone, even if you don't think you're a fit for any current openings.
#7 of 9
K&U is a pre-A-round security startup. We are trying to make the threat intelligence process run more smoothly and help organizations share threat data better. We're looking for a front-end developer to take over development of our applications UI (we're in-housing development of the app after contracting it out for about a year). The front-end is built with React/Microcosm/Material/Vis.js, and it talks to our backend using a mix of REST and WebSockets. Ideally, the person we're looking for would be comfortable doing both the React programming side of things as well as the HTML/CSS/layout work.
The job is based in the DC/Alexandria area, but we do a lot of working from home. Also, since we have an existing contracting relationship for development, we're very flexible about start dates. If you are at all interested, we encourage you to send us a note.
Please email a resume and some examples (or urls) of your work to email@example.com
#8 of 9
We're the group of geeks that worked on healthcare.gov. We have projects to help veterans, doctors, immigrants, and soldiers--all kinds of federal computer systems need help. The work on a day-to-day basis is less about coding and more about bringing proven industry practices into government. Apply at https://www.usds.gov/join
#9 of 9
Rinse is a technology-enabled dry cleaning and laundry delivery service. We've grown at double-digit month-over-month rates for about four years now, our business fundamentals are solid, and our customers love us! We have a number of open positions:
1) We're actively seeking Software Engineers of all skill levels, including those looking for leadership opportunity. We're primarily a Django / Python shop, but an individual with solid systems engineering fundamentals will succeed, regardless of technical specifics. It's a "target rich" environment with plenty of opportunity to make a direct and meaningful impact on the business! We're solving problems as varied as demand forecasting, route optimization, QR tagging for inventory control, SMS automation, and a suite of mobile apps for our customers and staff. See https://www.rinse.com/careers/software-engineer/
2) In particular, we're missing a Senior Front-End Developer to join the team and provide some leadership in the development of our suite of hybrid mobile apps and web tools. We've seen success building a React Native app for our customers, and we have sophisticated internal apps on Backbone.js. Our users are an interesting mix of newly-acquired customers, highly-engaged staff who need these tools to do their job, and vendors who may be the dry cleaners down the street from your house. See https://www.rinse.com/careers/senior-front-end-developer/
3) We're hiring our first Data Scientist to augment our data-driven management culture. The ideal candidate will span Data Engineering, Data Science, and Business Intelligence roles, and be familiar with enterprise data warehousing technologies. Important technical skills include SQL and Python, with Excel familiarity a big plus. We have an interesting and growing data set; this position will enjoy considerable executive visibility and a significant influence in the direction of the company. See https://www.rinse.com/careers/data-scientist/
4) Finally, we're aggressively recruiting for a Boston City Manager to found and lead our Boston operation. This is a great 'mini-startup' opportunity, with operational, management, financial, marketing, and business-development roles all rolled into one. This position enjoys significant support from our corporate team, and we have a good idea how to do that, since this will be our fifth city. See https://www.rinse.com/careers/city-manager-boston/
See https://www.rinse.com/careers/ for even more open positions, including numerous open marketing roles!
Want to join a rapidly-growing startup that actually has a sustainable business model? Perhaps your family ran a dry cleaner or laundromat when you were growing up? Delighted with our service? Let's talk!
Email sam <at> rinse.com with questions, or contact jobs <at> rinse.com directly to apply.