where is who is hiring?
#1 of 14
[ original post ]
Synapse is an early-stage AI startup founded by three MIT grads. We're venture backed, and looking to grow our team of computer vision and machine learning engineers. As our first product in the defense & security space, we automate baggage screening at TSA security checkpoints with deep learning systems.
Some upcoming/ongoing projects:
- Develop generative models for threat image projection
- Implement and deploy state-of-the-art object detection models
- Design and build data pipelines for 2D and 3D image data
- Experiment with online learning methods for our computer vision systems
Email me directly at sims[at]syntechcorporation.com! My background is in AI/RL, and I'm happy to chat :)
#2 of 14
Curbside’s investors include Sutter Hill Ventures, Index Ventures, Jerry Yang’s AME Cloud Ventures, Qualcomm Ventures, Eric Schmidt’s Innovation Endeavors, O’Reilly AlphaTech Ventures, Gil Elbaz & David Waxman’s TenOneTen and Chicago Ventures.
Problem space: mobile commerce, big data, search, machine learning, reverse engineering, distributed systems, location services, user experience.
https://curbside.com/jobs • Palo Alto, Ca. • Relocation Available • Sorry at this time we cannot sponsor NEW H-1B’s, but we can transfer existing visa’s and sponsor new E3’s, TN’s, and O-1’s.
#3 of 14
We're looking for a Sales Representative who can handle technical sales.
* Handle and close dozens of high value inbound sales for our Machine Learning servers and workstations
* Work directly with world experts in Machine Learning
* Prior successful sales experience a must
We're located in beautiful downtown Palo Alto.
Send work experience and resume to email@example.com.
https://lambdal.com for more info about our company.
#4 of 14
The Internet is the world’s most complex network, with over 57,402 unique networks connected together, it contains hundreds of millions of edges and nodes. It is THE most pervasive, important, and complicated communications network in the world -- somewhere out there things are about to go south. One of the core backbone routers of a major Tier-1 Internet provider is having a bad day. It started with a transient, yet persistent, problem which was only detectable by a slight increase in dropped packets that went mostly unnoticed. An hour later the router suffered a catastrophic failure dumping 500Gbps of traffic onto an already congested alternate path causing ripples across the Internet, disrupting websites and other Internet based services on the U.S Eastern seaboard. Social media is ablaze as frustrated people rant about their favorite website, video, or gaming service being down, or so slow that it’s unusable. While the Internet burns, our customers are humming away oblivious to the disaster. If you have an insatiable curiosity, love the process of discovery, and you’re reading this with a grin... we should talk. Come join us and...
* Do what nobody else in the world is doing... literally.
* Gain knowledge and expertise on the inner workings of the Internet, working with top-tier Network Engineers
* Define and Develop Amazon’s Internet Monitoring architecture
* Play in the piles of data to discover patterns that push our understanding and knowledge of Internet performance and availability anomalies
* Build massive real-time systems which inform and drive complex changes across the Internet
* Gain practical experience building software using Amazon Web Services
We are hiring for SDE/SysDE I (Entry Level), SDE/SysDE II (Mid-Level), Senior SDE, and Research/Data Scientist I/II (Entry/Mid Level), and Data Engineer I/II.
Sound like fun? Email me: nahtnow at amazon dot com.
(*) Note, I currently don’t have openings for interns or just-graduated college students. For internships or recent college grad positions please apply here: https://www.amazon.jobs/en/team/university-tech
#5 of 14
Quartzy helps hundreds of thousands of scientists improve the efficiency of their research by saving them time and money. Our team is passionate about accelerating scientific research through well-designed, meaningful tools for labs in academic institutions as well as pharma/biotech companies.
Front-end Engineer: http://grnh.se/286iwp1
Software Engineer - Marketplace: http://grnh.se/7nl1uo
#6 of 14
eShares is the platform and network for tracking and managing private asset ownership. Many of the companies you see on this page use eShares to manage their equity and option grants. We're looking for a wide range of people to join us.
We'll help relocate from the bay area to Seattle or New York (get trained in the bay area, then move). Our New York presence launches this fall.
* Senior full stack engineers (Python, Django, PostgreSQL, APIs, AWS, React)
* Dev-ops (AWS, Ansible, Jenkins, - or - what are we missing?)
* Security engineers
* Senior product design (HTML, CSS, UI/UX)
What's eShares like (aka, what's different)? https://blog.esharesinc.com/eshares-101/
How do we hire at eShares? https://blog.esharesinc.com/how-to-hire/
What do eShares offer letters look like? https://blog.esharesinc.com/a-better-offer-letter/
#7 of 14
• Build systems that make the best decision in 50ms, half a million times per second. Across three continents and six datacenters, 24/7.
• Find the signal hidden in tens of TB of data, in one hour, using over a thousand nodes on our Hadoop cluster. And constantly keep getting better at it while measuring the impact on our business.
• Get stuff done. A problem partially solved today is better than a perfect solution next year. Have an idea during the night ? Code it in the morning, push it at noon, test it in the afternoon and deploy it the next morning.
• High stakes, high rewards: 1% increase in performance may yield millions for the company. But if a single bug goes through, the Internet goes down (we’re only half joking).
• Develop open source projects. Because we are working at the forefront of technology, we are dealing with problems that few have faced. We’re big users of open source, and we’d like to give back to the community.
Feel free to drop me a line for a chat =) n.rassam[at]criteo.com
#8 of 14
Striim is hiring Sales Engineers who are technically savvy with strong communication skills.
As a Striim Software Engineer in Technical Sales, you’ll be tasked with directly solving some of the toughest challenges at Fortune 100 companies.
We work with cutting edge big data technologies and we're recognized as one of the best places to work in the San Francisco Bay Area by multiple publications[0.
#9 of 14
OnSpecta is an early-stage startup founded by successful serial entrepreneurs and deep learning experts from MIT, which was born out of MIT’s neuroscience lab. We offer a Deep Learning Server (DLS) which increases the performance of deep learning computations on Intel and ARM CPUs. Unlike most AI start-ups, OnSpecta has the luxury to attack multiple verticals at once. We already have pilots with unicorn-type customers within Autonomous Vehicle, Healthcare, and Consumer Devices (aka Drones).
#10 of 14
1) Sr./Principal Data Scientist
ShareThis is a sharing intelligence network that spans across platform walled gardens (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc). We transform real-time data insights from shared engagements into actionable moments that deliver results for marketers and publishers.
We're looking for data scientists to come help us with the machine learning models for building out our user profile platform.
If you're interested in joining our efforts and exploring all the use cases of activating social sharing data, email me directly at firstname.lastname@example.org with Hacker News in the subject name.
#11 of 14
React, Docker, Kubernetes, Clojure, ClojureScript, Datomic, Kafka, AWS, Buck Build
Life insurance is a $130B market where 98% of policies are sold through financial advisors and life insurance agents. Ladder is building a new type of insurance company that is all digital from the ground up and sells directly to consumers.
We are looking for talented full stack generalists that love building things and are excited to get in on the ground floor of disrupting a huge slow moving industry.
This is a great opportunity for someone who is excited to:
- build and architect systems
- work with a small team of talented engineers
- work with the latest tech
- contribute to open source
If this sounds like you email me at email@example.com
#12 of 14
The Web Applications team is looking for a motivated engineer willing to work on tough problems. We build and maintain a growing React / Redux based front-end with a truly global user base. You'd be joining an experienced and diverse team of folks working on new products and truly exciting frontiers - pushing the boundaries of new technology and Web APIs. Taking on such tasks will lead you to working cross functionally with many people including the Nest hardware, and Design teams. Our aggressive browser support matrix and ambitious hardware integrations/support goals put Nest's Web App team in a truly unique and exciting place.
Our work usually includes (but is not limited to):
* Designing and implementing the best web application possible alongside some truly top-tier engineers (and just great people to be around).
* Investigating new web technologies and evaluating how they could benefit Nest's product line and user experience - always looking for a way to deliver more Nest magic.
* Participating in fun team activities such as lunches and informal discussions
* Working cross-functionally to ship the best features/products possible across dozens of countries and locales.
Familiarity with modern frameworks and Web APIs
* Experience with Agile development process
* Strong attention to detail - from design through code to testing
* Comfort with ambiguity, rapid release cycles, and tight schedules
* Demonstrated expertise in problem-solving and technical innovation.
Email cameronhill [at] nestlabs.com with questions.
We also have many other roles in hardware, embedded, cloud, design, etc here: https://nest.com/careers/positions/
#13 of 14
Robinhood is democratizing access to America’s financial system. Since our public launch in 2015, we’ve cemented our position as the fastest-growing brokerage with over two million users and billions of dollars in transaction volume. Robinhood received recognition with the Apple Design Award, the Google Material Design Award, and named Fast Company’s 11th Most Innovative Company in the World.
We’re backed by top-tier investors such as DST Global, NEA, Index Ventures, Thrive Capital, Ribbit Capital, a16z, and GV, as well as individuals such as Jared Leto, Ashton Kutcher, John Legend, Snoop Dogg, and Nas.
While we're always hiring software engineers for different teams across different stacks and DevOps, here are a few notable roles:
Senior Web Engineer
*Senior Technical Recruiter
Interested? Check out the job descriptions and apply directly at robinhood.com/jobs
#14 of 14
Pivotal's goal is to transform the way the world builds software. We mean it.
We value aptitude over alma mater, empathy over a list of APIs. It doesn't matter whether your resumé says PHP or PhD: if you're smart, empathetic and know some stuff, we want to work with you.
We have many offices worldwide including SF, NYC, Toronto, London, Palo Alto (pivotal.io/locations) and more coming. We're broken into three main divisions: Pivotal Labs (that Pivotal Labs), Cloud R&D and Big Data.
-- Pivotal Labs helps clients to become better at product development. For engineering we are religiously lean and agile. We pair program and TDD every line of code from the outside. Our product managers are fantastic at keeping products sharply focused, our designers are masters from users to pixels.
-- Cloud R&D is where we build the best cloud platform available: We're the majority contributors to the Cloud Foundry project. Our distribution has the fastest-growing sales of any opensource product ever and it's still zooming up and to the right.
Except for upstream code, every line is pair programmed and TDD'd. We dogfood the cutting edge of the technology on our own commercial cloud (Pivotal Web Services).
Cloud R&D is also responsible for Pivotal Tracker and Spring.
-- Big Data is our suite of battled-hardened products, now open sourced. Greenplum tackles massive datasets with the comfort of PostgreSQL. Apache HAWQ (incubating) brings Greenplum's distributed query planner to Hadoop. Gemfire, donated as Apache Geode, is an in-memory distributed grid with years of high performance in high-stakes systems.
At our offices we have free breakfast, weekly tech talks, excellent benefits and competitive pay. Ping pong isn't mandatory, but it's popular. I think west-coast ping pong is harder to beat, but east-coast style is more entertaining to watch. The NYC beer fridge has more IPAs than I prefer but I guess that's life in paradise.
To see open jobs, go to pivotal.io/careers. To apply, please go to my referral link: http://grnh.se/xiy346
You can also email me at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions. I won't reply to copypasta. I may not be able to reply immediately, as I am just an engineer here. These help me earn a referral bonuses, which I appreciate.