where is who is hiring?
#1 of 8
[ original post ]
We're a small team of engineers, designers, and product builders that were brought in to help fix Healthcare.gov in the winter of 2013. Our revamped application is used by millions, converts 35% better, and halves the completion time.
It turns out there’s a lot more to reimagine within government services, which is why we’re partnering with both the Department of Veterans Affairs and Medicare. With the VA, we are working to modernize their appeals system, making millions of veteran’s lives better through the process. Today, the average appeal takes 5 years to process; we can fix this. For Medicare, we are designing and building the architecture for Medicare's historic transition towards value-based care.
It’s surprising how much can be done by a small group of empathetic people with deep technical experience, working closely with dedicated civil servants in government. We’ve started Nava as a public benefit corporation to radically improve how our government serves its people, and we believe that the services our government provides should be clear and reliable. If you feel the same way, we'd love to hear from you.
Learn more about working here and apply if you're interested: http://navahq.com/careers
#2 of 8
We build government digital services that are fast, efficient, and usable by everyone.
Ad Hoc brings small teams of highly skilled professionals from the private sector to build government software right the first time.
Ad Hoc is a remote-first company. Our team is located all over the country, in places like Washington, DC, Baltimore, Philadelphia, Providence, Boston, Portland (ME and OR), St. Paul, Seattle, Chicago, Albuquerque, San Francisco, Los Angeles, and Asheville, NC. We invite applicants with diverse backgrounds to join our team. We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package.
If you have questions, feel free to contact me (email@example.com) and I'd be happy to answer if I can or connect you with the right folks in our recruiting pipeline.
#3 of 8
We're hiring for a couple of technical positions right now:
* Front End Engineer (DC) - https://ngpvan.applytojob.com/apply/VmmRqh1pxg
* SQL Server Developer (Boston) - https://ngpvan.applytojob.com/apply/RsXLLR2Wd9
NGP VAN is a technology company where we do exciting and meaningful work that has a significant impact on promoting civil rights, social justice, and environmental responsibility.
Employees enjoy an unusually generous set of benefits, including 12 weeks paid parental leave, profit sharing, 100% premium-paid health/dental, and an ongoing education allowance. NGP VAN is one of only a handful of companies to be recognized as one of the fastest growing companies in America by Inc. Magazine for nine years in a row.
Last year we were named one of the Coolest Companies of 2016 by DC Inno. We've also been named one of the top 50 fastest growing companies in the DC area by the Washington Business Journal and SmartCEO. The Wall Street Journal wrote “NGP VAN is something of a secret weapon for the Democratic Party and the labor unions and progressive groups that use it.” We have also won the AAPC award for Best Use of New Technology, and the Campaigns & Elections Award for Most Innovative Product.
Join our team and work alongside about 200 smart, passionate, and innovative co-workers, many of whom are industry recognized as experts in their fields.
We interview across a pretty wide range of experience levels. Hit me up at dmiller at ngpvan dot com for more info or to apply. I'm the VP of Engineering here.
#4 of 8
GiveCampus is a Y Combinator-backed company that builds fundraising software for educational institutions. We're tired of schools being stuck with crappy software that never changes, and we're working to bring actual innovation to the space, and solve the hair-on-fire problems fundraisers face.
Michael Seibel, CEO of YC, expects us to be a household name in the next few years: https://news.ycombinator.com/item?id=13896296. We were also covered by the Washington Post last year (https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/grade-point/wp/2016/04/1...), and have more than quadrupled the number of schools using us since it was published.
We're still a small team, so if you're looking to join a fast-growing startup and have an immediate impact, we're looking for both full-stack (Ruby on Rails, Postgres) and front-end engineers with at least 2 years of professional experience. Our current team was previously with Facebook, Amazon, and Intel. Please no recruiters or dev shops.
Reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org with a bit about why you're passionate about education, and a project you've working on that you're particularly proud of.
#5 of 8
The point: We are making the threat intelligence process run more smoothly and helping organizations share threat data better. Our solution pulls threat information (both our own and via external APIs) into a graph and enables real-time collaboration and sharing of the information on the graph.
What we're looking for: We're looking for a mid/advanced front-end developer to take over development of our sites UI (we're in-housing development of the site after contracting it out for about a year). The front-end is built with React/Microcosm/Material/Vis.js, and it talks to our backend using a mix of REST and WebSockets. Ideally, the person we're looking for would be comfortable doing both the React programming side of things as well as the HTML/CSS/layout work. There would also be some design work as we roll out new features to the site.
Perks of the job: early round shares, competitive salary, 401k, & healthcare benefits. Also, we work from home a lot and our focus is on getting the work done, not on attendance or face time.
A bit about us: We are a pre-A-round startup. We have a working product and paying customers, so we're in a good spot financially. We are based in Alexandria, VA but do a lot of working from home, and tend to meet up in Alexandria once a week or so. Also, since we have an existing contracting relationship for our UI development, we're very flexible about start dates for this position.
If you are at all interested, please send me a message: email@example.com
#6 of 8
Kensho is a leading analytics and machine learning company serving the financial, healthcare, and national security sectors.
We are backed by investors as diverse as Google, Goldman Sachs, and In-Q-Tel (the venture arm of the CIA).
We recruit world-class engineers, data scientists, designers, scientists and researchers, many of whom have PhDs in scientific disciplines. We have a spectrum of opportunities in Harvard Square, New York City, and Washington, D.C. for individuals with the right scientific and computing skills.
To see all open positions visit: https://www.kensho.com/careers
#7 of 8
Join a passionate team that keeps millions of business leaders up-to-date with the latest industry news and trends. The projects here are challenging and rewarding. We always experiment and refine the way we work.
We're hiring for a number of positions:
- IT Manager (Support network & internal IT services for 80+ employees)
- Back-end Developer (Especially Python/Django)
- Digital Marketing Analyst
- Ad Operations Coordinator
- A variety of fulltime and freelance writing/reporting opportunities (these may be REMOTE)
More info here http://industrydive.com/jobs/
IT Manager and Back-end Developer positions report to me, but I'm happy to answer questions about anything: eli-at-industrydive.com. Please also send me a note if you think you have something to add but don't quite fit any of the listed open positions.
#8 of 8
Rinse is a technology-enabled dry cleaning and laundry delivery service. We've grown at double-digit month-over-month rates for about four years now, our business fundamentals are solid, and our customers love us! We have a number of open positions:
1) We're actively seeking Software Engineers of all skill levels, including those looking for leadership opportunity. We're primarily a Django / Python shop, but an individual with solid systems engineering fundamentals will succeed, regardless of technical specifics. It's a "target rich" environment with plenty of opportunity to make a direct and meaningful impact on the business! We're solving problems as varied as demand forecasting, route optimization, QR tagging for inventory control, SMS automation, and a suite of mobile apps for our customers and staff. See:
2) In particular, we're missing a Senior Front-End Developer to join the team and provide some leadership in the development of our suite of hybrid mobile apps and web tools. We've seen success building a React Native app for our customers, and we have sophisticated internal apps on Backbone.js. Our users are an interesting mix of newly-acquired customers, highly-engaged staff who need these tools to do their job, and vendors who may be the dry cleaners down the street from your house. See https://www.rinse.com/careers/senior-front-end-developer/
3) We're hiring our first Data Scientist to augment our data-driven management culture. The ideal candidate will span Data Engineering, Data Science, and Business Intelligence roles, and be familiar with enterprise data warehousing technologies. Important technical skills include SQL and Python, with Excel familiarity a big plus. We have an interesting and growing data set; this position will enjoy considerable executive visibility and a significant influence in the direction of the company. See https://www.rinse.com/careers/data-scientist/
See https://www.rinse.com/careers/ for even more open positions, including numerous open marketing roles!
Want to join a rapidly-growing startup that actually has a sustainable business model? Perhaps your family ran a dry cleaner or laundromat when you were growing up? Delighted with our service? Let's talk!
Email sam <at> rinse.com with questions, or contact jobs <at> rinse.com directly to apply.