where is who is hiring?
#1 of 10
[ original post ]
Solutions Engineers at Facebook spend roughly half their time working with product engineering teams and writing production code. The other half of their time is spent working directly with partners to develop and execute their Facebook technology strategy.
We find that this setup is great for engineers that want to spend more time on the business side of things or have more people interaction while still being hands on with code.
This allows large advertisers to work directly with people at Facebook that have a knowledge of the ads codebase, and Solutions Engineers can implement great suggestions made by partners.
More about the role is available at https://www.facebook.com/careers/life/solutions-engineering-... .
Facebook | Solutions Engineering Manager | Berlin | Onsite
We also have a great opportunity for an engineering manager that would like to support a team in Berlin. You would support a distributed team, so some travel would be required. Roughly half the time would be spent on people management, with the other half on Solutions Engineering work.
We are looking for someone fluent in German.
We will consider a very experienced tech lead that would like to make the transition into people management.
If you would like to apply or have any questions, feel free to send me an email at email@example.com .
You can find the job listings at https://www.facebook.com/careers/teams/engineering/ , under “Solutions Engineering”.
#2 of 10
We’re Alan, the first new health insurance in France in the past 30 years.
Some info about us (we raised 12m€ in seed last October):
We're seeing strong growth, with 10s of companies signed every week and a perennial business model.
We are looking to grow our engineering team (which includes French and Americans), with people from diverse horizons.
Our process includes a a couple chats with the CTO and an engineer, then a full day of work with the team at the office in the liveliest neighborhood in Paris.
Together we can change the way people experience healthcare.
Contact us on jobs.alan.eu or at firstname.lastname@example.org
#3 of 10
Doctrine is the "Google" for the case-law in France! We are a young startup with a huge growth. We are disrupting the legal market at a very high pace.
We use DL / NLP to automate lawyers' interns jobs! and we have a deep focus on User Experience.
We are looking for a French-speaking Sales (wo)man to join the team and lead our growing sales, and Data-Scientists !
We are also always hiring A-player Developers or any bright and ambitious hackers.
Apply here: https://www.doctrine.fr/recrutement or see our open positions on Angel List: https://angel.co/doctrine-/jobs
#4 of 10
• Click prediction: How do you accurately predict if the user will click on an ad in less than a millisecond? Thankfully, you have billions of data points to help you.
• Recommender systems: A standard SVD works well. But what happens when you have to choose the top products amongst hundreds of thousands for every user, 2 billion times per day, in less than 50ms?
• Auction theory: In a second-price auction, the theoretical optimal is to bid the expected value. But what happens when you run 15 billion auctions per day against the same competitors?
• Explore/exploit: It's easy, UCB and Thomson sampling have low regret. But what happens when new products come and go and when each ad displayed changes the reward of each arm?
• Offline testing: You can always compute the classification error on model predicting the probability of a click. But is this really related to the online performance of a new model?
• Optimization: Stochastic gradient descent is great when you have lots of data. But what do you do when all data are not equal and you must distribute the learning over several hundred nodes?
Missions of the team in more details: http://labs.criteo.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/Software-E...
Feel free to drop us a line at rndrecruitment[@]criteo.com =)
#5 of 10
- Nexedi | Big Data Machine Learning Python Developer | Munich | ONSITE
- Nexedi | Artificial Language Processing Python Developer | Lille | INTERN
- Nexedi | Site Reliability Python Developer | Paris | INTERN
- Nexedi | Out-Of-Core Numpy Python Developer | Munich | INTERN
- Nexedi | Big Data Machine Learning Python Developer | Lille | INTERN
- Nexedi | AI Business Bot Python Developer | Munich | INTERN
#6 of 10
Shipup ( https://www.shipup.co) creates the best delivery experience for online retailers. We follow every package shipped and send proactive email and SMS notifications during delivery. We’ll be launching our second product, (tracking pages directly embedded on the online retailer’s website) this month.
We’re seeing strong traction with clients such as La Poste or Vente Privée and daily signups from Shopify retailers in China, France, US...
We are looking to hire our first engineer who will work directly with our CTO. If you feel like joining a relatively young startup and get many responsibilities, drop me a line at email@example.com
Together we can change the post purchase experience in e-commerce.
#7 of 10
Clustree offers artificial intelligence to make internal and external HR data blind to stereotypes and human bias. Our mission is to build a technology solution that delivers fact-based and proactive decision making for career development and recruitment. We just raised $7.9 million.
We work on cool problems with microservices using Python 3, Elasticsearch, RabbitMQ, Spark, Keras (lots of machine learning!), Docker and Kubernetes. We offer true remote: I work from Reunion Island and only travel to Paris (10 000 km away!) twice a year. You should speak French and should live between UTC and UTC+4.
We're hiring multiple Data Software Engineers and would love to hear from you: https://www.workable.com/j/C50A777C59.
#8 of 10
We are looking for a backend engineer experienced in real-time distributed systems.
You would be working on our current platform (which has already gathered several TB of data and scaling), and on our new product: a real-time ad bidder backed by machine learning.
This might be the job for you if:
• You have experience with programming high performance systems in either Core Java, C#, Python, Go, Scala or Rust
• You have worked with ZooKeeper, Kafka, Consul or any of the other usual suspects
• You grin a bit with pride every time your system scales to new levels
• Minimum 3 years of experience
• You’re fluent in English
We’re a 2 years old growing AdTech company based in Paris with a team of 21 international talented people, out of which 8 are engineers. We have achieved $40M in revenues this past year as well as being in the Top 25 worldwide within the mobile advertising industry.
On the other hand, what do we offer you?
• Rebuilding components from scratch (you know, the way you always wanted to ;))
• Wish list – choose your own equipment
• Latest technology
• Personal space: 1 engineer - 1 desk
• Be part of a team with very ambitious goals
• Balance between your professional and personal life
• Playstation and other perks (Snacks, team events, etc...)
• And of course, very competitive packages
tl;dr: We’re small, but shooting for the stars. If you are looking for a place where you can make a huge impact and grow, come join us.
Don’t hesitate to get in touch with us firstname.lastname@example.org or check other openings http://www.bidmotion.com/careers
#9 of 10
Sqreen is like New Relic, but for security.
We develop solutions that combine instrumentation, defensive algorithms and machine learning.
We are recruiting new engineers to join our team to help porting Sqreen to all environments and ship our incoming products.
Our most wanted position today is a C software engineer, that would also love Go. The responsibility includes…
- developing a C version of the Sqreen agent (that's right, it means binary instrumentation in C, have you ever written something that cool for production?)
- releasing it
- porting parts of it to Go
More details about the position here: https://www.sqreen.io/jobs/sqreen-software-engineer-c.html
Sqreen is already live for Ruby on Rails, Python, Node.js, and PHP in beta.
You can find our job offers here: https://www.sqreen.io/jobs/
#10 of 10
Quantitative Supply Chains are the future: where every possible future gets a probability, and where every possible decision gets an economic score. Lokad's goal is to make this future a reality. We have a very specific point of view on how Supply Chains should be managed (see our Quantitative Supply Chain Manifesto on our website: https://www.lokad.com/quantitative-supply-chain-manifesto). By combining Big Data and state-of-the-art machine learning, we help companies do more with their Supply Chains, their inventories and their production capacities than classical methods would ever allow.
While we’ve spent a lot of effort on technology in terms of forecasting, data crunching and cloud computing, there is ample room for improvement regarding how the whole product is packaged and used by our customers. We are currently engaging in a vast revamping of our graphical identity, User Interface, dashboards, etc. As a Front-End Engineer, your role is to help us with this challenge.
You would contribute features and improvements to the components of our online IDE, such as the code editor, the file management interface and the dashboard system.
We are looking for candidates with the following skills and qualities:
- Knowledge of TypeScript is a plus.
- Knowledge of C#, .NET or ASP.NET Core would be a bonus but is not strictly required - training will be available.
- Candidates must be self-motivated and driven to achieve results with a “hands on” attitude.
- Decent communication skills and the willingness to engage in conversations with our Business Data Analyst team to understand the needs of the end users. We are trying our best to build an IT team that is not cut off from the rest of the company and that is knowledgeable about the product, the company and the business in general. We believe that, at the end of the day, it makes a real difference in the quality of the results produced.
Your day-to-day work will involve Visual Studio and Git.
The role is office based. We are located in the very heart of Paris, France (50m from Place d'Italie). Our offices are quiet (no open spaces), well-stocked with drinks and snacks, as well as double or triple monitors to make sure that you feel comfortable within your work environment.
You can reach me (Victor Nicollet, CTO) at email@example.com