#1 of 6CloudFlare https://www.cloudflare.com/ | San Francisco, CA; London, UK; Singapore, SG | VISA, ONSITE
CloudFlare is building a better Internet -- performance and security optimization at the edge. Our long term goal is to give every site the same performance, security, and reliability that major sites like Google and Facebook accomplish, without any specialized network hardware or complicated administration. We enhance over 2 million sites,
including this one. We're hiring for a variety of roles -- started 2015 at 128, over 210 now, and hope to end around 256; doubling again in 2016. This is a perfect time to join -- product market fit is established, but there's a lot of great engineering, product, sales, and support work to be done. We've publicly said we're profitable and on track for long term independent success.
You may wish to check out our blog to see the kinds of engineering work we do. (https://blog.cloudflare.com/).
https://www.cloudflare.com/join-our-team has a listing of positions.
We're always hiring for operations/SRE, sales, general systems engineering (mostly in Go, nginx, and network, as well as DNS at scale), and web development.
Specific roles we're keen to hire include:
0) Great operations/SRE staff: operating our system at scale (65+ datacenters around the world, 24x7 coverage, millions of sites) requires highly competent, hard-working, and communicative engineers.
1) Billing engineer -- someone to take the lead as we build a new billing system. Also hiring a billing PM. We're using a great YC company's billing product.
2) Great front-end engineers -- building new UI/UX to expose controls and data to customers is an increasing portion of what we do. Our current front-end stack is Backbone + Marionette with Browserify and Sass. Our new projects are using React + Redux + Babel + css-modules, and generally adopting Higher Order Components. We're also starting the process of re-imagining our main WWW Front-end stack with a migration to Redux.
3) Systems Engineer -- looking for people to help serve even more traffic, build infrastructure for security and robustness, and contribute back to open source projects. We make extensive use of nginx, lua/luajit, and ssl-at-scale.
4) "Prototyping engineers" -- people who want to prototype things in go (backend) through js frontend. We're adding a lot of new products in 2016, and people who love building the first prototype and pilot versions of these products make everything faster.
If you're interested, please apply through the https://www.cloudflare.com/join-our-team link.
#2 of 6NGI Systems | Software Engineer - Early Hire | Kuala Lumpur or REMOTE
We are a London-based restaurant tech startup looking for an experienced full stack Software Engineer to join as a key early hire. Visit our product website at www.NextMenu.com to see what we are building.
We're looking for a strong core-Java developer who's comfortable with dependency injection, the Java standard library and concurrency. You will be expected to analyse problems and decide on appropriate solutions, weighing the cost of development against time-to-market. You should have lots of experience writing unit tests and treat it as a key part of development, not as an afterthought.
Frontend experience using Angular.js and experience with both relational databases and NoSQL databases is highly desirable. On the infrastructure side, a strong knowledge of Linux, Android and networking is a must. Familiarity with AWS and IPSec VPN is a bonus.
You'll be working with a globally distributed team, so regular communication and daily scrum meetings are essential. We have two-week sprints so features are aggressively prioritised to meet the changing needs of our customers. You'll be involved from a very early stage, so there is the opportunity to make a huge difference to the solution we are building and to the company overall. The location preference is for Kuala Lumpur, where our CTO is based but the right person can work from anywhere.
For more info, see the full listing at: http://www.ngi.systems/jobs/SoftwareEngineer_EarlyHire_KL_Gl...
#3 of 6meanpath.com - REMOTE (Any Country) - Full Time - Many Positions
We are a 100% distributed company with staff in Australia, United States and the Philippines. Our tech stack is all Haskell with a very minimal amount of front end that we are hoping to expand with the help of the following new hires.
Currently hiring for:
meanpath crawls 200 million websites and compiles reports on the technology these sites are using. We currently track over 9,000 different bits of tech which sometimes gets picked up in the press http://techcrunch.com/2013/07/28/bootstrap-3-goes-mobile-fir...
* Front end developer * Product manager * Content writers * Designers
Most of our customers consume this information via our API but we are going to start work on creating a front end so non-technical users can access the information easily. We are entirely bootstrapped and profitable. CTO is based in Ann Arbor, MI and CEO (me) is based in Sydney, Australia. We have a huge team of researchers in Manila who compile and enhance the reports.
We have both US and Australian corporate entities so can sponsor or transfer visas in both countries. If you do not already have a H1B we cannot help with the application process for that as we need to fill these roles now.
#4 of 6W.E Bridge | Phnom Penh, Cambodia | ONSITE | VISA
W.E Bridge Technologies is a Product and Service company operating in Phnom Penh city center (Cambodia). We develop custom solutions for major international clients using our strong partner network to reach US, Chinese and SEA market.
We are looking for a Technical lead of the Web development (title will depend on skill and experience). Our stacks consist mainly of PHP/Symfony2 and AngularJS depending on the projects but other tech need may arise. In top of that we use Vagrant, Ansible, docker, bower, grunt and composer regularly (Not all together obviously).
#5 of 6GrabTaxi | Singapore | Full Time ONSITE
GrabTaxi is a South East Asian startup that aims to transform the way 600 million people commute every day. We want to improve the safety and efficiency of our taxis by leveraging on advancements in GPS and mobile technology.
Our production scale is massive. We process hundreds of thousands of real time bookings a day, and when you push out new code, tons of people will use what you made. Operating at this level is hard but incredibly rewarding. As a leader in an exciting and fast-paced industry that is evolving daily, we are seeking talented engineers to join our team. You will specialize in building elegant products that bring our unique On-Demand Transport experience to millions of people, anytime and anywhere.
If you're interested please get in touch:
- Senior Mobile Engineer (Android / iOS) - Database Engineer/Lead - Security Engineer/Lead - Engineering Manager (Mobile / DevOps / Full Stack) - Director of Engineering (Mobile / Full Stack / Backend Payments)
- matias.singers [at] grabtaxi [dot] com (mention that you saw this on HN)
#6 of 6Spire Global - http://www.spire.com | Locations: Glasgow; San Francisco; Singapore | VISA OK | Onsite only
Spacecraft Operations Engineer | Network Operations Engineer | Platform Software Engineer
We have several positions open in Software, Hardware and Operations. Please visit our careers page to learn more:
Keywords: Satellites, Space, Linux, C, Python, embedded systems, RTOS, microcontrollers, AWS, electronics and hardware, distributed systems and networking, EE, PCBs, etc.
Overview: Spire is a nano-satellite powered data platform. We build and launch small remote-sensing cubesats to capture valuable data for weather prediction and Maritime domain awareness.
We are a fast moving, energetic start-up applying agile development principles to a traditionally sluggish and overly-burdened industry (and having fun doing it).
You will never be bored at Spire!
Please email Darin@spire.com if you are interested in learning more. Previous work in satellites not required.