where is who is hiring?
#1 of 6
[ original post ]
engageSPARK, a social enterprise, is the world's EASIEST Platform that empowers professionals (marketing, sales, hr, operations, project managers, etc) at NGOs & Businesses to easily & quickly build interactive Automated Phone Calls (IVR) and 2-Way SMS campaigns in any country. We're especially focused on emerging markets, where 66% have no Internet and another 15% who have smartphones can't afford data plans regularly. Interactive automated phone calls are the most cost effective and scalable way to engage anyone anywhere with any mobile phone. People opt in by sending an SMS or doing a Missed Call, which trigger an automated call back to them.
Customers such as Intel, UN WFP, Noora Health (YC W14) Asian Development Bank, International Rescue Committee, Innovations for Poverty Action, MedAir, Mercy Corps, and US Institute for Peace use the engageSPARK platform to interact with people for a variety of use cases, including social change in the areas of Agriculture, Health, Finance, Elections, and Disaster Planning & Response, as well as for sales, marketing, customer feedback, and operations.
Forbes says we're "A Leading Startup" and a "Notable Social Enterprise". Since launch a little over a year ago, engageSPARK has become the global leader in our space - we've already been used in 100+ countries.
Adventure Fellowship (1 year): https://goo.gl/YA8ENR | Full-Time Full Stack: http://goo.gl/Pljcgr
Our stack: Go (GoLang) Microservices, Python/Django, Java, Docker, Redis, Thrift, PostgreSQL, CouchDB, AWS, Android
Located in tropical Cebu Island, Cebu City is the second largest city in the Philippines. It’s a safe place to live with a variety of malls, restaurants, shops, beaches, and activities such as scuba diving, running, hiking, rock climbing, and snorkeling. It has a busy international airport with cheap flights to domestic and regional destinations. Check out Google Images: https://www.google.com/search?safe=off&site=imghp&tbm=isch&s...
Email us at Jobs at engageSPARK.com
#2 of 6
CloudFlare is building a better Internet -- performance and security optimization at the edge. Our long term goal is to give every site the same performance, security, and reliability that major sites like Google and Facebook accomplish, without any specialized network hardware or complicated administration. We enhance millions of sites, including this one. We're hiring for a variety of roles -- started 2015 at 128, ended around 220, doubling again in 2016.
This is a perfect time to join -- product market fit is established, but there's a lot of great engineering, product, sales, and support work to be done. We've publicly said we're profitable and on track for long term independent success. You may wish to check out our blog to see the kinds of engineering work we do. (https://blog.cloudflare.com/). https://www.cloudflare.com/join-our-team has a listing of positions.
We're always hiring for operations/SRE, sales, general systems engineering (mostly in Go, nginx, and network, as well as DNS at scale), and web development. Specific roles we're keen to hire include:
0) Front End Engineer(s): building new UI/UX to expose controls and data to customers is an increasing portion of what we do. Our current front-end stack is Backbone + Marionette with Browserify and Sass. Our new projects are using React + Redux + Babel + css-modules, and generally adopting Higher Order Components. We're also starting the process of re-imagining our main WWW Front-end stack with a migration to Redux.
1) Data Engineering(s) -- We have a ton of different technologies that our data engineers work with, and they are a really strong core team here. Kafka, PostgreSQL, Docker, Mesos, Marathon, Chronos, nginx, and so many more technologies.
2) Applications Security Engineer(s) -- If you are a security person and a software person this might be a great role for you. We are looking for people with a strong software engineering background but also a keen eye for architectural security bugs and OWASP Top 10 bugs. This role would be working with lots of other teams to help them fix problems.
If you're interested, please apply through the https://www.cloudflare.com/join-our-team link or if you want to talk to a human about cloudflare you can email me. I am evan at cloudflare.
#3 of 6
General Assembly transforms thinkers into creators through education and opportunities in technology, business, and design. We offer classes, workshops, long-form courses, and events in worldwide markets including New York where we are headquartered, Atlanta, Austin, Denver, London, Hong Kong, Sydney, San Francisco, Singapore, Los Angeles, Boston, Chicago, Seattle, Melbourne and Washington DC.. We also partner with Fortune 500 companies to spur innovation through increased digital fluency and more effective approaches to collaboration. We have small, cross-functional product teams that are developing innovative new solutions to online education, and currently we have various open positions across the engineering organization that we are looking to fill. If you want to be part of a diverse team, working on challenging tasks, and want to help the world expand their knowledge to better themselves and their careers via education, drop us a line. If you're in New York City, let's grab a drink or a coffee and chat!
- Senior Software Engineer, Infrastructure (https://boards.greenhouse.io/generalassembly/jobs/29901#.V8h...)
- Data Engineer (https://boards.greenhouse.io/generalassembly/jobs/50830#.V8h...)
- Operations Data Analyst (https://boards.greenhouse.io/generalassembly/jobs/264266#.V8...)
See our full list of open positions ranging from engineering, to design, to teaching opportunities at https://generalassemb.ly/careers. Please feel free to contact me directly with your resume or any questions at elliott . carlson - at - generalassemb.ly
#4 of 6
ZALORA is an online fashion retailer headquartered in Singapore with millions of customers and 1000+ employees throughout South East Asia. We're expanding our globally distributed DevOps team.
You will be using Nix/NixOS to glue together a stack of Go, Memcached, MySQL, PHP, Solr and more.
A coding test is the biggest deciding factor. After that we'll chat, call and optionally meet to sort out the details.
Apply at http://jobs.engineering.zalora.com/apply/lOd9Ir/Global-DevOp.... Other positions (frontend, backend, Android, iOS, to name a few) are also available at the same site.
#5 of 6
SimplePay is hiring mid-level to senior Ruby on Rails developers to help with our global expansion. We currently have clients in South Africa, Singapore and Ireland. We aim to delight customers with how simple we make payroll.
The role will be mostly back-end focused, with PostgreSQL as database. But some front-end skills will be a plus.
The most important part of the interview is an object oriented design exercise, which is also a broad test of problem-solving skills.
Compensation: R420K to R720K per year.
Please mail firstname.lastname@example.org if you're interested, putting "Hacker News" in the subject line.
#6 of 6
As one of the fastest growing e-commerce companies in Asia, RedMart offers an unparalleled startup experience. Our culture: entrepreneurial, fiercely intelligent, team oriented, deeply creative and whatever you add to it! We’re fanatical about improving our customer experience and providing “wow” customer service.
We're interested in talented, creative and passionate people joining our All-Star team who believe in our mission: To save our customers time and money for the important things in life!
* Excellent understanding of JS and web development concepts.
* Experience with a modern JS framework (React, Angular, Backbone, Ember, etc).
* Good sense of design, UX and simplicity.
* Use of best practices such as TDD, BDD, continuous integration, continuous deployment.
* Strong verbal and written communication skills.
* Nice to have: experience with Redux, Mocha/Jest, Grunt/Gulp, AWS, Mongo.
Contact me at sheshbabu at redmart dot com for more info