where is who is hiring?
#1 of 6
[ original post ]
Spire is a satellite-powered data company building out the full pipeline from custom spacecraft to data and analytics products. You can read a little more at http://spire.com or in the news.
I'm looking for experienced software engineers with systems experience to lead teams and architect existing and new systems. Our stack is primarily Python, Linux, and C, but we have plenty of variety, and care less about a language or framework and more about building systems that last.
If you want to learn a little more, e-mail me (Robert) at email@example.com with questions.
We have a variety of other roles as well, including Electrical, FPGA and DSP engineers, DevOps, Satellite Operators, Business Development and Sales, which I'm happy to answer questions about or refer you to the right person. https://spire.com/careers/openings/ .
#2 of 6
engageSPARK, a social enterprise, is the world's EASIEST Platform that empowers professionals (marketing, sales, hr, operations, project managers, etc) at NGOs & Businesses to easily & quickly build interactive Automated Phone Calls (IVR) and 2-Way SMS campaigns in any country. We're especially focused on emerging markets, where 66% have no Internet and another 15% who have smartphones can't afford data plans regularly. Interactive automated phone calls are the most cost effective and scalable way to engage anyone anywhere with any mobile phone. People opt in by sending an SMS or doing a Missed Call, which trigger an automated call back to them.
Customers such as Intel, UNICEF, Noora Health (YC W14) Asian Development Bank, International Rescue Committee, Innovations for Poverty Action, MedAir, Mercy Corps, and US Institute for Peace use the engageSPARK platform to interact with people for a variety of use cases, including social change in the areas of Agriculture, Health, Finance, Elections, and Disaster Planning & Response, as well as for sales, marketing, customer feedback, and operations.
Forbes says we're "A Leading Startup" and a "Notable Social Enterprise". Since launch a little over a year ago, engageSPARK has become the global leader in our space - we've already been used in 100+ countries.
Adventure Fellowship (1 year): https://goo.gl/YA8ENR | Full-Time Full Stack: http://goo.gl/Pljcgr
Our stack: Go (GoLang) Microservices, Python/Django, Java, Docker, Redis, Thrift, PostgreSQL, CouchDB, AWS, Android
Located in tropical Cebu Island, Cebu City is the second largest city in the Philippines. It’s a safe place to live with a variety of malls, restaurants, shops, beaches, and activities such as scuba diving, running, hiking, rock climbing, and snorkeling. It has a busy international airport with cheap flights to domestic and regional destinations. Check out Google Images: https://www.google.com/search?safe=off&site=imghp&tbm=isch&s...
Email us at Jobs at engageSPARK.com
#3 of 6
Cloudflare is building a better Internet. Our long term goal is to give every site the same performance, security, and reliability that major sites like Google and Facebook accomplish, without any specialized network hardware or complicated administration. We enhance millions of sites, including this one.
We believe in working collaboratively with an emphasis on personal growth and responsibility. Working at Cloudflare lets you wear many hats, spearhead new projects, and shape your career. Product market fit is established, but there's a lot of great engineering, product, sales, and support work to be done. We're starting 2017 at 330 people, with plans to double that in the next year.
We're always hiring for operations/SRE, sales, general systems engineering (mostly in Go, nginx, and network, as well as DNS at scale), and web development. Here's some specific roles we're keen to hire:
0) Engineering Manager, Platform Operations -- We're looking for an Engineering Manager to lead our PlatOps team. Our engineering management team is very strong and we are looking for someone who join and help keep all of our backend services alive and healthy.
1) Data Engineering(s) -- We have a ton of different technologies that our data engineers work with, and they are a really strong core team here. Kafka, PostgreSQL, Docker, Mesos, Marathon, Chronos, nginx, and so many more technologies.
2) Product Security Engineer -- We have a lot of applications and need more talented software engineers who love to break and fix. We need hands on engineers who are not afraid to dive in and drive fixes to completion, and evangelize security.
3) Systems Engineer (Austin) -- We are hiring systems engineers at all of our offices, but our Austin office is growing very quickly. Our Austin office is working on some really new and innovative projects. Web and distributed systems built with Go, Node, Docker, and much more. Check out our blog to see what's planned for 2017 (https://blog.cloudflare.com/)
If you're interested, please apply through the https://www.cloudflare.com/join-our-team link, our recruiting team looks at every single application from every applicant.
#4 of 6
nuTonomy aims to be the first company in the world to launch an autonomous taxi system, and we are building up an awesome team to make this goal a reality. This includes software for autonomous vehicle navigation in urban environments, smartphone-based ride hailing, fleet routing and management, and controlling a vehicle remotely through teleoperation.
nuTonomy is looking for Computer Vision Research Scientists.
A robust and adaptive perception systems is essential for creating fully autonomous vehicles. We are looking for excellent research scientists in Computer Vision that will focus on researching, developing, and deploying algorithms for extracting semantic information from RGB(D) video streams, including detection, segmentation, tracking and fine-grained classification, with the goal of using this information in a real-time robotic system with high safety requirements.
In this role, you would work closely with experts of other sensor modalities to build a fully-integrated perception system, as well as experts in planning and control to “close the loop” on actual robots. To support your work, you will be able to use a state-of-the-art scalable computing, simulation, and testing environment, which allows a quick transition of your ideas from prototype to vehicles on the road. You will also be expected to mentor junior colleagues. Lastly, you will join an awesome group of motivated colleagues, both industry professionals as well as leading researchers from academia, who like to approach problems with both creativity and rigor, to push beyond the state of the art.
* Ph.D. in Computer Science or related field.
* Extensive experience of one or more of the following:
- Deep learning applied to images or video data.
- Other modern machine learning methods, with a focus on rigorous statistics.
- Geometric computer-vision such as SLAM, optical-flow and stereo.
* Sensor fusion of RGB and depth.
* Excellent analytical, communication, and writing skills.
* Experience developing software as part of a team.
#5 of 6
nuTonomy aims to be the first company in the world to launch an autonomous taxi system, and we are building up an awesome team to make this goal a reality. nuTonomy is developing the first-of-its-kind complete solution for providing point-to-point mobility via large fleets of autonomous vehicles. This includes software for autonomous vehicle navigation in urban environments, smartphone-based ride hailing, fleet routing and management, and controlling a vehicle remotely through teleoperation. The company’s software has been tested in the U.S., Singapore, and Europe. For more information about nuTonomy, visit: http://nutonomy.com
We are seeking talented software engineers to help develop and roll out the next generation of our highly advanced infrastructure and the supporting tools for autonomous driving.
* Develop scalable infrastructure for our autonomous driving operations
* Work closely with all teams to understand needs, come up with testing/tooling plans, and implement functionality
* Assist with high-level analysis, design, and code reviews
Education and Experience
* MS or BS in computer science or related field
* 3+ years professional work experience as software engineer
* Excellent C++/Python development skills on Linux platforms
* Experience working with distributed storage systems that span cloud and in-house servers
* Experience designing and coding unit tests for complex systems
* Prior experience with developing test plans, software stress testing, and designing large scale integration tests
* Experience with software engineering tools (e.g., Git, CMake, CI, gdb, etc.)
Apply here: http://grnh.se/d7gxie1
#6 of 6
# What the company does
Courex is an 8 year old ecommerce logistics company driven by technology. We help our customers manage their supply chain so they can focus on selling. We do the following
- last mile delivery
- omnichannel integration
- We run a hybrid crowd-sourced(uber style) + fixed fleet model.
- We built an automated parcel dimension measurement machine using Kinect
- We have autonomous robots coming in 2017 to pick and sort parcels
# What the job entails
We are looking to add 2 engineers. We allow our engineers to work from home 3 days a week. We have 2 stacks: one is Node.js with a React frontend + stored procedures, triggers and functions doing the heavy work in the DB; one is React frontend with Haskell + Scala.
No formal qualifications needed. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested.